We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to go....Easter or Summer

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
395 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
When to go....Easter or Summer

ahhhhh......I'm in a dilema and need your expert opinions.......

I've been to Orlando before, but next year its a 65th and 40th birthday, and I'm organising for 8 Adults and 3 kids. I have to choose between Easter 2012 and Summer 2012. We have to take into account the school holidays and will unfortunately have to take the kids out either 7 days before the Easter Hols or 2 weeks before the end of term (when they really don't do too much, but still I'm not a fan of doing it but next year needs must).

We've been to Orlando in the Summer and Halloween before so know the queues - and suspect Easter will be the same as I know its Spring Break in the USA.

The price of the villas are slightly more expensive at Easter, but the Easter flight is cheaper than the summer so cost I don't think is an issue......its the weather and crowds.

Your suggestions would really help me....Easter or Summer!!

Thanks in advance...Laura

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,574 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to go....Easter or Summer

The three busiest times at the parks: Christmas, Easter, and July 4 week.

The weather around Easter is usually really nice. Summer can be miserably hot. Your choice, but both will be busy.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to go....Easter or Summer

thanks.....our summer dates would be leaving on 16 June for 3 weeks....whats it like at that time??

pa
Level Contributor
53,895 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: When to go....Easter or Summer

Beginning of your stay won't be too bad, it will get busier as your Holiday goes on. By July 4th, very busy but you can manage with a Basic Plan. We have gone the second week of June several times, it is very Hot and Humid by then but not awful.

4. Re: When to go....Easter or Summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 00:16