We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why can't I book a hotel in Universal?

Poughkeepsie, New...
Level Contributor
330 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Why can't I book a hotel in Universal?

I am looking to book one of the hotels in Universal Studios from Feb. 16-Feb 20. I have tried every website and they all say no rooms for that time. Does anyone know why? I know it is busy season but seems crazy that I can not even get one room. Am I just booking too early?

Mentioned in this post
Universal Studios Florida
Universal Studios Florida
32,418 Reviews
Orlando, FL
St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why can't I book a hotel in Universal?

It's possible that it's still too early. I don't know about Universal since I don't often stay there, but I know Disney doesn't generally start booking packages until mid-late August. Maybe Universal is the same?

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Why can't I book a hotel in Universal?

are you booking a long stay or just one night. just one night could be the problem too particularly if a weekend. i've never looked to see how far out they go

Edited: 04 August 2011, 20:35
Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Why can't I book a hotel in Universal?

haha...Feb. 16-Feb 20...guess that's more than one night! i don't know...

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,542 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Why can't I book a hotel in Universal?

Why not call Universal/Loews directly at 1-866-840-9900 and inquire.

This does seem strange, it might be a large convention or the dates haven't been loaded in as of yet.

Poughkeepsie, New...
Level Contributor
330 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why can't I book a hotel in Universal?

Will call thanks

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,695 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why can't I book a hotel in Universal?

I use a travel agent (it doesn't cost anything to use them). They can also look for discounts for you.

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why can't I book a hotel in Universal?

hello,

i had this happen to me as well one year.i had to call what happens is there may be a day or two that the rooms have people in them so you can't book for the time you wanted.if you call they can move people around and get you your dates.give it a try..

London uk
Level Contributor
17 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why can't I book a hotel in Universal?

Happened to me to as I was looking for 1 night in March 2012. Called them and she said something about the rates not being properly out yet?? Anyway I booked a room over the phone.

UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Why can't I book a hotel in Universal?

Drop them an email/call. It is unusual that fully booked so far in advance. We went at end of January this year and just turned up and the Hard Rock and booked a room. It was actually cheaper for us doing this than booking online in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando
Hard Rock Hotel at...
9,535 Reviews
Orlando, FL
10. Re: Why can't I book a hotel in Universal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 02:19