We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurricane Season for Venice, Florida

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hurricane Season for Venice, Florida

I am planning a trip to Venice, Florida in late September or

early to mid-October and have been told that there could be

a hurricane. Does anyone know what kind of weather I could

expect. Can anyone suggest a better time to visit.

I very much appreciate the advice, Retta 8/5/11

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
606 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurricane Season for Venice, Florida

Hurricane season runs from June 1 to Dec 1. Hurricanes are rarer earlier and later in the season and more frequent in Aug and Sept when the water temps are highest. If you want to avoid the chance of hurricanes all together, come Dec 1 - June 1. Chances are, if you visit in Sept or Oct, there won't be a hurricane and you'll enjoy the lowest hotel prices of the year. But get trip insurance that covers hurricanes if it gives you peace of mind.

Richmond
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurricane Season for Venice, Florida

Thank you so much....I will take your advice and go ahead with my plans.

kind regards, Retta

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saint Augustine
Level Contributor
15,406 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hurricane Season for Venice, Florida

I agree with 16Traveler16. I think you are worrying about it too much. Yes, there could be a hurricane. There also could NOT be a hurricane. Anyway, you have advanced notice of one coming, unlike tornadoes or earthquakes. I think trip insurance is the best way to go if this is a big concern.

4. Re: Hurricane Season for Venice, Florida

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 20:16