We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busch Gardens...Have we made a mistake?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
829 posts
Save Topic
Busch Gardens...Have we made a mistake?

Hi,

I have recently added Busch Gardens to our Orlando flex tickets but am now wondering if this was a mistake?!

We are not thrill seekers and don't like rollercoasters (big thunder mountain and expedition everest are our biggest and our 10yr old Son has stated he will NOT go on these again!). Are we wasting a day by going here?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Busch Gardens...Have we made a mistake?

I've not been to BG before but we have booked to go this september for the first time.

So although I can't comment on whether it will be ideal for you, I would suggest having a good look on the website:

http://buschgardens.com/bgt/

It's pretty in depth with all the ride/attraction details & you can make a tick list of what you will do, maybe do, won't do and can decide from there?

Also, it may be worthwhile youtube-ing some of the attractions & rides as this may help you decide? (Plus it's a great way to get everyone involved in some pre-holiday planning!!!)

Hope it helps!!

Happy Travels!!

:0) mango

glasgow
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Busch Gardens...Have we made a mistake?

I preferred animal kingdom, without a car, the bus to busch gardens was a bit of a treck and ended up sitting in it an hour early to come home....

If you have a car, it would be a wee change and let you see another town..

isle of wight
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Busch Gardens...Have we made a mistake?

there are more animals at bushgardens and there is a chair lift that takes you over the serengeti and there are loads of animals and exebits to see at bushgardens its double the size of animal kingdom there is jungula that your son would like defenitaley recomend bushgardens over animal kingdome as you dont always get to see the animals at animal kingdome

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,567 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Busch Gardens...Have we made a mistake?

I agree with damien there are other thing too do and see at BG we went and enjoyed our trip there its worth going too.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,172 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Busch Gardens...Have we made a mistake?

Last time we went we drove there and at the end of the day we went to find somewhere to eat, sit, relax and wait for the traffic to ease before heading back to Orlando. We also managed to get on one of the tours around the animal park to feed the giraffes.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
906 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Busch Gardens...Have we made a mistake?

Busch Gardens is an excellent park and it's usually a lot quieter than the Orlando parks so makes for a nice relaxing day.....I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Consider doing one of the tours, we did the Serengeti Safari which I'd recommended. buschgardens.com/Bgt/Explore/UpClose.aspx…

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
829 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Busch Gardens...Have we made a mistake?

Hi,

i think we probably will go. We do not have a car and have booked the Mears bus. Does anyone know how long it takes to get there and what time this bus departs BG?

Bluey - I have looked at the link you posted for the Serengeti Safari and really like the look of it, Son would love it and I noticed when you book that you can choose a time.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Busch Gardens...Have we made a mistake?

I am not a great thrill ride girl, I do do the rides but I love Busch, so much to do and see there, not just the big rides. You'll have a great time:)

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Busch Gardens...Have we made a mistake?

It takes about 1hr 15 mins on the coach, and picks you up at 6pm whenever we have been but the time might change depending on what time the park closes.You have to go to Guest Relations on the way out to collect your bus return ticket.The driver will not let you on without one. On the way back you are played a video to watch. Im not a fan of the Mears shuttle as the seats can recline.BG is a lovely place to walk around looking at the flowers and animals.You will have a fab time.

Caz Essex x

isle of wight
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Busch Gardens...Have we made a mistake?

it takes around an ahour long but the driver usauly puts a film on to keep you entertained on the journey but i just take my kindle to read make sure you take a drink as you do become very dehidrated very quickly