We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just booked my 2012 flights..!!!...so excited already!

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
400 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
just booked my 2012 flights..!!!...so excited already!

Its been nearly 3 long years since the family have been to Orlando and we finally booked our flights for June 2012 and its for 3 weeks!!!!. I'm so excited how on earth will I contain myself!!!... now the fun bit ...planning it all - (I just had to share)!!....

As we have 3 weeks there, any suggestions or 'must see' places other than the usual disney parks would be apprecaited.

We've never been to Clearwater - should we pay a visit ?

Thanks in advance...L

Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: just booked my 2012 flights..!!!...so excited already!

We're booked for June 2012 aswell! Only 2 weeks though... 12 of us going and I did put up the arguement that 2 weeks just ain't enough! Lol.

Discovery Cove is a great day out, quite pricey but not too bad if you can pick up the tickets at the right price/time. Great experience for the family, swimming with the dolphins and tropical fish etc. Near enough everything on-site is free for the day... such as food, refreshments, parking. It's nice to spend a day without having to put your hand in your pocket.

Busch Gardens is a lil road trip but worth it... stacks of rollercoasters there (if you're thrill seekers) and you can see and feed all sorts of animals from birds, to kangaroos and Giraffes.

We went to Clearwater on our first trip to Florida... the sand was too hot to walk on! It's a beautiful place, the drive in is great! Whichever beach you choose (Clearwater is a top pick), a day by the sea has to be done.

Lisburn, N.Ireland
Level Contributor
629 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just booked my 2012 flights..!!!...so excited already!

Congrats, we hope to be booking soon also. Who you flying with?

Hampshire, England
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just booked my 2012 flights..!!!...so excited already!

I know just sooo exciting, Knowing you have booked and are actually going is the best feeling. it seems a long way off but surprisingly it flies somehow !! and coming on TA reading everyone's TR's, tips and ideas helps sustain you till you get there. Great forum hey :)

We re doing a couple of different things this trip. one is the all inclusive day at Discovery Cove, got the swim with Dolphins and 3 park '14 day unlimited to Seaworld, BG/Aquatica for a good price being low season Sept. A bit like a beach day experience in DC without an hours drive. :)

The other of course is the new WWOHP, it wasn't built when we were here in 2008. Really really happy about these two. You have plenty of time to plan your days and three weeks is just right for parks and relaxing.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,400 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just booked my 2012 flights..!!!...so excited already!

Laura,

Clearwater Beach is a good place to visit. You staying in Orlando for the 3 weeks or planning a few days at Clearwater? Beaches there are lovely and it is definitely worth it even for a day. We went for a day about 10 years ago then went back there the following year for a week and then back for a few years on the trot. There are lots of lovely places on the gulf coast.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: just booked my 2012 flights..!!!...so excited already!

Who are you flying with? And if you dont mind me asking did u get a good price? Im going sept 2012, so have to wait a few months to book anything.. Thinking od dublin-orlando but really not sure yet!

london
Level Contributor
166 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just booked my 2012 flights..!!!...so excited already!

We are hoping to go for 3 weeks in may 2012, but finding it hard to get flights at a decent price. Who did you book through and which airline are you using? Any info appreciated!

newcastle
Level Contributor
164 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: just booked my 2012 flights..!!!...so excited already!

Hi,we go sept 2012 we booked it in june so we have a long time to save for all the parks as my kids youngest is my grandaughter 15 daughter 20 daughters boyfriend 26 and oldest daughter 33 who want to do everything while i pick what i want to do and have a great time round the pool and of course shopping i have been on TA quite a lot so have most of the planning done just cant wait now but i do have another distraction as one of my other daughters has decided to get married in May next year right out of the blue been with her man 18 years lived together 10 years got two beautiful girls but i am so excited for that so holiday will come round quite quickly anyway that turned in to a rant sorry for that

kind regards Marie

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
400 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just booked my 2012 flights..!!!...so excited already!

We're flying with aer lingus direct from Dublin to MCO. We paid £650 price includes non stop flight, dining, 23kgs of baggage, personal tv's and seat selection. We could have got flights cheaper doing a stopover but by the time we added on the luggage on the low cost airlines and our food and the length of time of the stopovers, it was worth paying the extra. Plus the flight times are great - leave Dublin at 12.30 in the afternoon and leaves orl at 7pm. I searched for ages and just took the plunge.

There are 11 of us which includes 3 kids - and all being well I will have an 8 week old too so a direct flight is the best option for us (plus I get to Florida quicker!! Ha ha.

I'm loving the sound of all the suggestions and am starting to put my itinerary

together. Loving the idea of Clearwater and swimming with dolphins.

Marie....I love a good old rant!! Good therapy.

warrington, england
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: just booked my 2012 flights..!!!...so excited already!

Well done Laura, it's a great feeling ~ enjoy the planning & good luck with your little one :-). Polly P. x

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
240 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: just booked my 2012 flights..!!!...so excited already!

My friend and i just booked flights today for our first trip to USA, for 3weeks next may, one of those weeks in Orlando at the Disney parks, one day seaworld but want to visit miami too...