We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Day at The Magic Kingdom?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Day at The Magic Kingdom?

Hi,

Anyone been to the magic kingdom on christmas day recently? I would appreciate any thoughts, feedback or tips.

Thanks!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Day at The Magic Kingdom?

Get there early, don't leave because you may not get back in. Make ADR's or you won't eat and don't expect to get on any rides without about a 3 hour wait. This is the most crowded park on the busiest day of the year.

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Day at The Magic Kingdom?

We were there last xmas day and what USL says is spot on it was alot of fun but very very busy to the point that id actually say that some areas were gridlocked (you literally couldnt move). The ques were pretty big for the rides and to watch parades you needed to get a spot ATLEAST 2 hrs before they started or no chance. Would I go again on xmas day ??? probably but my DS is 6 I wouldnt do it with smaller kids I saw ALOT of tears that day x

Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Day at The Magic Kingdom?

As previously stated it gets VERY busy but an enjoyable day can still be had. We tend not to make big plans when we go on Christmas Day as we usually visit before the actual day and do all the rides we want then. Would definetely book an ADR now (if any left) as you are well within 180 days and if you want to eat then it's best to have something booked. The counter service restaurants can be a bit manic!!

We've booked The Wave again at the Contemporary resort which is about a 5 minute walk from the gates. We've also never been refused re-entry when we have had dinner but the first time we wen't we asked a security guard about our chances of getting back in. She said we would be fine as they close the parking lot not the actual park, don't know if this was true or not but we got straight in after our meal with no problem.

One thing to note is that MK is showing Extra Magic Hours in the morning (08:00 - 09:00) which means it may well be quite full by the time it opens to the general public.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,688 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Day at The Magic Kingdom?

RUN! Go anywhere else. Spend it with Scrooge or the Grinch....even that would be better....I can't imagine anyone voluntarily putting themselves through that kind of experience. How can you even remotely consider it fun or enjoyable to stand around in masses of people hoping to eat or maybe even get on a ride before day ends? I would rather stick pins in my eyeballs

New York
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Day at The Magic Kingdom?

I am going on Xmas day. Got an 8am ressie at Crystal Palace and a 6pm ressie at Tonys. Don't expect to get on a lot of rides. Just some wonderful family time and lots of crowds. With the right attitude and patience and no high expectations, it should go well.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Day at The Magic Kingdom?

@Harlemgirl........I like your plan :-)))

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4,358 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Day at The Magic Kingdom?

I would love to spend xmas day in disney, got to be better than here, board sensless lol.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas Day at The Magic Kingdom?

How are the other Disney parks Christmas day? Were planning universal in the day we have an ADR at chef mickey at 8pm then we were going to go to magic kingdom. Thought it might have thinned out by then but maybe not :(

London, United...
Level Contributor
561 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas Day at The Magic Kingdom?

Are there any special events in the Magical Kingdom on the day? Different floats in the parade? Christmas themed fireworks? Or is it just the same thing (magic as it is)?

Salisbury...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Christmas Day at The Magic Kingdom?

what time is the parade on christmas...going to be there for 8 days starting 24th...thanks..