We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gradually writing review...............

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
934 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Gradually writing review...............

but in the meantime I wanted to say how disappointed we were with the attitude of some Disney staff during our stay last 2 weeks.

Epcot - after waiting 15 mins to be served at an ice cream place, we were greeted by a surly "YES?" This could have been forgiven if she'd got my hubby's order right - he left gazing disappointedly at the single serving of his 2nd preference ice cream and never forgot it all day. In her defence, hubby commiserated that she didn't have the most exciting job in the world.........

Animal Kingdom - quick service by youngster who obviously didn't want to attend on the day he served us. Found ourselves questioning why WE'D thanked HIM for relieving us of almost 20 quid for a measly portion of food..........

Magic Kingdom - staff were consistently exceptionally good here.

Hollywood Studios - fractious baby very hungry and the smell of cooking burgers/pizza permeating the park was tantalising him beyond belief. Rushing into the Pizza place near Muppet 3D to grab him something to placate him enough to see the Indiana Jones stunt show, we were met by a lonely figure stood at her till gazing into space. After a short while we stated our order, she turned and said "Don't open 'til 11" - COMPUTER SAYS NO stylee!!!

Forgive me for grumbling but there were more incidences; I'm tired (still) but these were the ones that stood out in my memory and had me muttering to myself for several days after.

This was our 5th visit to Orlando with members of our family on their first visit and I found them questioning the hype we'd fed them about customer service, food quality etc and above all the Disney Experience. Disappointingly we saw a huge difference in attitude and the general atmosphere was rushed and different to the relaxed, easy going, "how can I help you" attitude experienced on our previous visits.

I have to add that Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique in Downtown Disney was outstanding - the staff were amazingly good, patient and understood the importance of the occassion - well done!

new jersey
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gradually writing review...............

Wow how disappointing that was. Sounds like the service is going down although I have never had that happen. It's sipposed to be a magical experience.

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gradually writing review...............

hi,

you realy should make this in to s review as well.as some people don't read trip reports...but thank you for the report..

pa
Level Contributor
54,254 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gradually writing review...............

Maybe those working at Epcot, AK and DHS wanted to work at the MK and didn't get the job so they are upset. No real excuse for being in a bad mood or whatever but I suppose it can happen to anyone

Glad some of your experiences were good

We are of course covered in Pixie Dust and never come across unpleasant Cast Members. Hopeful your next holiday will be better :)

UK
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gradually writing review...............

I know its not an excuse but I have found in the past the peak times are when you get less customer service.

I agree though no matter how busy you are, there is no need to be rude to people.

Looking froward to your trip report

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gradually writing review...............

I have found that the service in the counter service outlets in Disney tends not to be great, are these restuarants franchised out or something?

In contrast, I always find service in the shops and on the attractions to be excellent.

Hope the bad service didn't ruin your trip too much! I just tend to keep my expectations low when it comes to the counter service places :)

6. Re: Gradually writing review...............

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 22:18