We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather florida 2011

Sheffield, United...
1 post
Save Topic
weather florida 2011

anyone been to florida feb 2012 is nov abetter month

Manchester
Level Contributor
820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather florida 2011

Oh good question. We went in Feb once & weather was great. We got sunburnt at Wet & Wild :( and I distinctly remember lovely warm sun (about 25 celcius) at seaworld. We had one evening of torrential rain & the day we visited Daytona it was cool & rainy (like today in UK!). So pretty much like our summers here but more chance of sun!

Am wondering how Nov compares too.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
18,097 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather florida 2011

Generally, November is warmer than February. Don't judge our winter weather by last (2011) winter which was very cold and rainy.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
906 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather florida 2011

Lucky enough to have done Feb and Nov in the same year, I prefer Nov.

The weather is lovely and if you go at the end of Nov you might get to see some of the Xmas attractions and decorations that are starting to appear..

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather florida 2011

Years ago I went in February (I think it was early to mid February). It was jeans and t-shirt weather. Not really hot enough for sunbathing but a few days in the parks it got quite warm. I remember there being quite a lot of rain and you would definitely need a sweatshirt or jacket for the evenings. The parks were all fairly quiet, can't remember queueing very long for any rides so that was a plus point! I haven't been in November though so I can't tell you whether that would be better. I think though that if you want to enjoy some sun and feel warm at the water parks etc., then February may not be the month for you to travel.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
9,043 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather florida 2011

Here's last year's climate graph for Orlando. In both November and February, average temperatures were sort of buried by daily variability. February will have longer days, November may have smaller crowds.

www.srh.noaa.gov/mlb/?n=cligraph_kmco_2010

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather florida 2011

can I check what people think temperatures will be mid-end Sept please.. daughter out there then and she's is now worried it's not going to be hot enough (we usually go july / aug)

Thank you

pa
Level Contributor
54,789 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: weather florida 2011

September will still be quite Hot and Humid, no worry

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather florida 2011

I agree with Party. And not so Crowded.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
9,043 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather florida 2011

The new National Weather Service climate graph page can be a good way to size things up.

The end of September is abundantly humid and warm. Average low temperatures are about 70 F (21 C), though it can be a bit cooler. It's still hurricane season, although the chances drop after mid-Sept.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather florida 2011

thank you all.. thats pleased her!