We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Awful reviews about DoubleTree by Hilton at Seaworld

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
438 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Awful reviews about DoubleTree by Hilton at Seaworld

Ok, I'm beginning to panic now. The reviews on the DoubleTree by Hilton at Seaworld are worsening by the day.

Latest review talks of bugs in the bed & room, unsanitary bathroom & flooding in the main reception area. I thought I had booked a "resort style" hotel on IDrive & not a slum in India.

Can anyone give me an honest account of their stay there & any tips on what block to stay in?

Thanks in advance.

Jules

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Awful reviews about DoubleTree by Hilton at Seaworld

We stayed there about 2 years ago and loved it. It was just shortly after the refurbishment.I think we stayed in block A which when you walk out the back from Reception was directly opposite over looking the pool.If there was flooding in the reception im sure it wouldnt take them long to fix it, so hopefully that wont be a problem for when you go. As for bugs, we didnt find any, infact it was spotless.We loved this Hotel and would not hesitate to stay here again but we did find it a little too out the way for us and like to stay around Pointe Orlando now.If you like Pizza then try Flippers over the road, best ive had.This hotel is also fab for a 5 minute walk to Seaworld, there is a map onsite where to go.We also loved this place for the lovely outdoor eating area where you could also smoke. The breakfast buffett is really nice.If when you arrive you find anything you dont like then just ask to change rooms. But im sure you wont be disappointed.

Caz Essex x

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Awful reviews about DoubleTree by Hilton at Seaworld

I have just looked at the reviews and there are only 3 below average reviews out of neary 40 for August. Doesn't seem so bad to me. All hotels get the odd bad review, normally from people who, there would be no pleasing, even if they were staying at the Ritz Carlton for $5 per night! Take these reviews with a pinch of salt. It's number 65 out of 339 hotels so it can't be that bad.

Wymondham, United...
Level Contributor
405 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Awful reviews about DoubleTree by Hilton at Seaworld

Jules, we are also staying in Doubletree as from Sept 16th, and although I do read through the reviews from time to time, the majority give positive remarks about this Hotel, with just the odd few who complain about anything and everything, and to be honest, although it does make you momentarily think "OMG what am i letting myself in for" when you read about bed bugs and dirty bed linen, bathrooms etc, because there are more positive reviews I tend to lean towards thinking that you cannot please everyone.

In Jan we stayed in Hotel in Cambridge (UK) (was my birthday treat) and you could not fault the Hotel or the breakfast (buffet service), there was everything and more you could possibly wish to eat for your early morning meal, and was also all freshly prepared/cooked...............I wrote a review when we returned and read through others and was aghast to read about the lack of decent food at breakfast, with lots of details of what was wrong, and also how grubby the entire Hotel was and much more! Just goes to show that for one very happy customer, you will always find some who can find nothing positive to say and just love grumbling!

When do you go to Doubletree Jules??

Wymondham, United...
Level Contributor
405 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Awful reviews about DoubleTree by Hilton at Seaworld

Yeah Caz, totally agree with what you have said. Its impossible to have every single customer pleased with what they have paid for, and agree that some just could not be happy with even the most expensive Hotel, they would still complain, cos thats what they like doing!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
672 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Awful reviews about DoubleTree by Hilton at Seaworld

Jules, I was feeling the same as you about the hotel I'm staying in, but have come to realise that people are so different and expect different things, some people are very picky, some not that bothered, someone has marked my hotel as average because it doesn't have a bar! even though it doesn't advertise a bar, they must have known there wasn't a bar when they booked it! So they have marked it down because of that! Anyway what I'm trying to say is concentrate on the good reviews, since being on TA I've noticed that someones opinion is just that, their opinion, not yours, you can only get a true review if you experience it yourself, and the reviews on here are a guide to help you decide, not to make a be all and end all decision, if when you get there you find a problem then you don't have to put up with it, you have paid for it so you are well within your rights to be happy on your holiday, I'm sure everything will be ok, you won't be in your room that much anyway hun, you will be out enjoying your holiday because you deserve it x

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
345 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Awful reviews about DoubleTree by Hilton at Seaworld

We stayed there in Dec 2009 and loved it we couldn't really fault it. It's far from an indian slum! I wouldn't really worry about some bad reviews. It's going to happen because some people have huge expectations and when they are not fulfulled they end up critisising little things. We stayed in the Tower and the rooms were very spacious and the beds very comfortable.We had initially booked an acquamarine room but when we checked in we were allocated a room on the 8th Floor of the Tower. The reception and lobby area are separate to the rest of the resort.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
438 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Awful reviews about DoubleTree by Hilton at Seaworld

Guys, thank you so much. I know I was panicking - it was the dreaded mention of "bugs" that pushed me over the edge. That and the dirty bathroom.

I know some people are desperately picky and give awful reviews that are unnecessary & not a true reflection of the hotel.

I'm just hoping we get a decent room with a fridge in a refurbed block.

Caz, you're right about it being out of the way - we'll have a car, so I don't mind too much, apart from the nights we'll be partying on Citywalk when we'll have to cab it back......HA!

Thanks again,

Jules

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Awful reviews about DoubleTree by Hilton at Seaworld

Im 99% certain all the rooms have been renovated now.There are still a good handful of shops over the road...Gas Station (Mobil?)Subways, Flippers Pizza,Peacock Chinese,ABC Mini Market,International Town Electrical Shop,Village Inn Family Restaurant,Ciao Italian. Close by are Dennys,McDonalds & I Hop

Caz Essex x.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
438 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Awful reviews about DoubleTree by Hilton at Seaworld

@Caz - thanks for your replies & info. I'm hoping the rooms aren't as bad as some of the reviews. I don't fancy sleeping with bugs. :)

@Lindy we fly in 8th Sept. What about you?

@OGON - great to hear from a fellow Irish person who has stayed there. The hotel comes highly recommended from TourAmeric, so I'm hoping I wont be disappointed.

@annilou - you're right, some people are terribly fussy & will whine over nothing.

@USLovers - the rating on the hotel has slipped from 58 to 65 in less than a week - that concerned me.

Wymondham, United...
Level Contributor
405 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Awful reviews about DoubleTree by Hilton at Seaworld

Jules, you'll be there 8 days before us, so if its really really bad, do let us know so we can expect the worst!! If its really really good (which I do believe in my heart it is) then would like to hear about that too!

I just cant wait to get out there now, and only believe the good reviews on the Hotel, and from others on TA who have stayed there and given only praise for the Hotel, and the ones who have dissed the Hotel are probably too hard to please anyway ~ long as the beds are comfy and not too much noise so I get a good nights sleep (hopefully without any bugs) then I will be happy lol