We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tips

I compiled a list of tips and items that will be useful on your trip to Orlando or Disney. I found these tips on TA and across the web. I hope this is helpful to a lot of you.

Things you never knew you needed:

• Pop-up Hampers: to keep dirty laundry off the floor

• Ziploc Bags for snacks, to shield electronics from the elements, many other uses

• Bath Pillow or another small cushion for seating at parades

• A hanging, plastic shoe-holder: hangs over your bathroom door and organizes toiletries (keeps everything off the counter)

• Disposable Cereal Bowls with cereal in them (try www.minimus.biz)

• Mini-flashlights(for dark rides)

• Nightlight (for late night trips to the bathroom)

• Anti-chafing lotion cream

• Moleskin

• Glowsticks for nighttime parades. So the kids don't beg for the toys in the vendor carts that pass by every few minutes.

• Hat

• At least 2 pair of sunglasses (If yours break try a store like Ross for an inexpensive replacement)

• Sneakers that are broken in

• Ponchos from the dollar store

Disney Tips:

• Arrive at the parks for rope drop

• Drink lots of water. Freeze water the night before. Disney offers complimentary cups of iced water. Bring water flavoring packs just in case you hate the taste of FL water.

• Take advantage of fast passes

• If the attraction has two lines, use the left one.

• Pace yourself. Take breaks. Take a nap at the Hall of Presidents.

• Try viewing a parade from Frontierland or Liberty Square; it's less crowded.

• Eat an early dinner to get lunch pricing.

If you can add to this list please feel free to do so and I will add to it as well.

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,262 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips

Bath pillow for a seat? Hmmmm... ;+)))

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips

Did the flashlight you used on the dark rides not annoy other riders ?

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips

why queue on the left? :-)

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tips

OMG some of these posts are soooo funny today, I'm glad I have a day off to read them all :)

Coming from the UK with limited luggage allowance I think the last thing on my list tobring would be a laundry hamper, a hanging shoe rack and a lights for dark rides or bathroom visits!!!!

Edited: 29 August 2011, 15:56
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,669 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tips

I agree with manchester, I don't think other guests would appreciate people with flashlights on dark rides!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tips

I have taken a popcorn maker with me. It saves you spending money on popcorn served from the stalls. I have resisted the urge to take binoculars though, and I now simply stand closer to things.

I think the mini-flashlight is a good idea, especially for rides like Tower of Terror, and that moment of darkness in the Bug's Life show. I do not recommend cigarette lighters.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
78 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tips

@USL

I'm sure you can just take a trip to Walmart or Dollar Tree to get the items if you would need them. Not all posts are geared towards people from the UK or people taking a flight. Not everyone flies to Orlando. TA is a platform to HELP travelers NOT to criticize everything. Yes, you are entitled to an opinion but you don't have to post it for all to see. What's wrong with keeping it yourself? When I first started posting on the Orlando forum, I could count on your posts to be helpful. As of late, not so much. My grandmother always said "If you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all."

Flashlights on dark rides are most likely those who have CHILDREN who may be scared of the dark. I think other riders will be more annoyed by a screaming child than a flashlight.

I assume that they suggest that riders take the line to the left because most people are right handed and naturally gravitate towards the lines on the right.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tips

Who needs a flashlight? There's an app for that!

I like your idea of not using binoculars Chin, why didn't I think of just standing closer to things? Although, I don't actually use binoculars. Just to zoom on my camera.

Moleskin is my friend though. It's wonderful.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,930 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tips

If children are scared of the dark, why on earth would you take them on rides that are in the dark?????

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,669 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tips

Usually in shows that are dark they ask you not to use flash photography - reason being that it is annoying to the actors and to the audience. So a flashlight would really probably not be allowed.