I compiled a list of tips and items that will be useful on your trip to Orlando or Disney. I found these tips on TA and across the web. I hope this is helpful to a lot of you.
Things you never knew you needed:
• Pop-up Hampers: to keep dirty laundry off the floor
• Ziploc Bags for snacks, to shield electronics from the elements, many other uses
• Bath Pillow or another small cushion for seating at parades
• A hanging, plastic shoe-holder: hangs over your bathroom door and organizes toiletries (keeps everything off the counter)
• Disposable Cereal Bowls with cereal in them (try www.minimus.biz)
• Mini-flashlights(for dark rides)
• Nightlight (for late night trips to the bathroom)
• Anti-chafing lotion cream
• Glowsticks for nighttime parades. So the kids don't beg for the toys in the vendor carts that pass by every few minutes.
• At least 2 pair of sunglasses (If yours break try a store like Ross for an inexpensive replacement)
• Sneakers that are broken in
• Ponchos from the dollar store
• Arrive at the parks for rope drop
• Drink lots of water. Freeze water the night before. Disney offers complimentary cups of iced water. Bring water flavoring packs just in case you hate the taste of FL water.
• Take advantage of fast passes
• If the attraction has two lines, use the left one.
• Pace yourself. Take breaks. Take a nap at the Hall of Presidents.
• Try viewing a parade from Frontierland or Liberty Square; it's less crowded.
• Eat an early dinner to get lunch pricing.
If you can add to this list please feel free to do so and I will add to it as well.