We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much money required if using the Dining Plan?

Elgin
Level Contributor
59 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
How much money required if using the Dining Plan?

Staying for 2 weeks and got the Quick Service Dining Plan. How much would you budget per day for 3 adults (2 adults and a teenager)? All tickets paid for ( got the Ultimate and Flexi Plus) and staying at the Coronado Springs.

So many questions - getting excited now. Fly out 11th Oct from Manchester.

Thanx

Lara

xx

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much money required if using the Dining Plan?

Really you could bring 0 if need be (and an emergency credit card) We always bring as much as we can with in reason of what we would spend on vacation. A teenager shouldn't want as many things as a child (we bring back a lot of stuffies) but a teen might like more expensive things. Your snacks should be covered you get 2 a day each. Won't need money for tips on the quick plan.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much money required if using the Dining Plan?

Totally depends on how much shopping you do. As WLDA says you can get by with $0 or $loads!!!!!!!!!!!!

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
994 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much money required if using the Dining Plan?

One piece of advice for the quick service dining plan: Don't feel the need to "conserve" those snacks. Use them when you want to get a water, pick up that iced coffee, that ice cream...we didn't always do this and ended up with lots of snack credits on the last day. I would think, "Oh, I don't want to waste the snack on this water, when I could use it get a really delicious cupcake later..." However, I have learned that there actually is a limit to the number of cupcakes that I can eat in one week! And we probably spent about $10/day on little incidentals that we didn't need to spend.

If you use your snacks wisely--in other words, use them!-- you can really cut down on the amount of money you would spend out of pocket.

My 12 year old wanted to buy the Hidden Mickeys book, so we got it on the second day, and he enjoyed reading up on where we were going and looking for the Hidden Mickeys. We also planned for him to buy a baseball cap and a t-shirt, and he looked around at quite a few places before he found exactly what he wanted. (We finally got the t-shirt in the last hour before we were leaving!) I was happy with these souvenirs because they have a life beyond the parks...all told, it was about $65 for these three things.

Hope this helps! Get ready for a lot of fun!

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much money required if using the Dining Plan?

hello,all you need to bring is what you want to spend on gifts and thing like that...

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
844 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How much money required if using the Dining Plan?

We also have the QS dining plan (12adults 1 10yr old) and will be taking approx $3200 with us. This will be for food on days when we are not in a Disney park, souvenirs and clothes. I guarantee we will spend that!

UK
Level Contributor
336 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much money required if using the Dining Plan?

Hi Lara,

We did Disney French Quarter with a dining plan last time (2 adults and daughter).

We used up our points a few days before the end, as we had quite a few table service meals. We took £400 with us and took some home. I would say take £200ish as emergency and a credit card in case- if you aren't shopping I really don't think u need to take much extra.

It's nice just to have a little in your pocket if you spy anything that takes your eye in the parks xx

7. Re: How much money required if using the Dining Plan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 15:18