We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

universal hotels

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
u.k
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
universal hotels

I'm thinking of booking a nights stay at one of Universal's hotels as a treat for my daughter but how will we benefit with regards to fast entry onto the rides? I understand you have to show your room key but if we aren't allowed to check in until after 4 p.m and have to check out at 12 p.m will this be the only time we will be able to bypass regular lines? If that's the case it won't be worth the cost of the stay. Can anyone help me with this please?

England
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: universal hotels

Hello we do this whenever we visit Universal Orlando. You can go to the Check In desk as early as you wish and they will give you your room keys there. Of course they will not activate the door until the room is ready but they will work when you go to the theme parks. You can leave your luggage in a locked room inside the resort, you have to ask if you can do you when you collect your room key. This means you can spend all day at the parks. This also applies when you check out, your room key is valid for the entire day you check in and also out. Hope this helps.

England
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: universal hotels

They may even give you a room key which will work with the attractions but not any rooms. You will then have to collect your proper room keys from the Check in Desk at night when you return from the parks and are able to go to your room.

u.k
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: universal hotels

Thanks so much for your reply.I will book the hotel,my daughter will love it!

u.k
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: universal hotels

Just wondering who you book through to get the best deal? The cheapest quote I have is with expedia for £215,is this reasonable or should I wait and hope for a better deal? I don't care which hotel we stay at.

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: universal hotels

We have stayed at Royal Pacific before and booked direct with Universal. At least that way if something is wrong you can be dealt with then and there as opposed to phone your UK Travel Agent.We looked at prices for Janaury and Universal was the same price as Expedia.

Caz Essex x

Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
3,667 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: universal hotels

The quote you have seems to be the going rate now, as it is popular with people just staying for 1 or 2 nights they have increased their prices.

We stayed in the HR last xmas for a night and it was only $254 then.

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: universal hotels

What did you think of Hard Rock. They are quoting $274 including tax for Jan.

CazEssex x

Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
3,667 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: universal hotels

Caz

We loved the HR with all the memorabilla and a mini version of the HR shop, the pool area is also nice and the kids managed to get a swim before the cold weather came.

As we only stayed for 1 night we didn't really get to use all the hotel facilities as most of the time was spent in the parks and city walks. I've just priced it up for july 2012 and its $364 for 1 night, not sure if I can justify this price for 1 nights stay when we have already done WWOHP last time.

We might just buy fast passes.

Halifax
Level Contributor
746 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: universal hotels

Prices do seem to have leapt up - we did hard rock in august for about 172 pounds and Royal Pacific for 151 pounds.

Preferred Pacific but they were both excellent - did the same as above poster and turned up at 8am where we were given 4 room keys (although room wasnt ready) used them for 2 full days

Great deal - obviously someone told Universal so they slapped up the price for a one night stay = boo!!!!

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: universal hotels

I looked on you tube at HR, it does look good but i do have a soft spot for anything tropical. The Orchids in the Pacific were beautiful.But we are getting to the stage now where we want to stay at different places, as its getting the bit same old ,same old. Oh well fingers crossed if OH does well at fishing then maybe we can book it. Ideally it would be great if we could book HR on the same night there is a concert at HR Live, but just waiting for Janaury ones to be realeased.

Caz Essex x