We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food, glorious Food - any suggestions?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
Level Contributor
634 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Food, glorious Food - any suggestions?

We'll be hiring a car and would love to try a few local restaurants away from our usual IDrive locations. Places that have been suggested already are: Yellow Dog Eats, Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza, The Ravenous Pig and 4 Rivers Smokehouse.

We like most styles of food but would prefer casual rather than formal type places which are not too expensive.

Any other suggestions please?

ads
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food, glorious Food - any suggestions?

Mannys is very good

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food, glorious Food - any suggestions?

another vote for Mannys chop house.

Stirling
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food, glorious Food - any suggestions?

Our top places to eat would be manny's, TGI fridays, olive garden....... and don't miss out on The Cheesecake factory at the Millennium mall

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
362 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food, glorious Food - any suggestions?

You have to try this place, its a knockout.

/www.bubbalous.com/central-florida-bbq.htm

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food, glorious Food - any suggestions?

definately try the cheesecake factory as previously suggested, we're going back next week, i can't wait, their food is really nice and the cheesecakes are to die for!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
275 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food, glorious Food - any suggestions?

We always go to Smokey Bones. Great casual all American BBQ place. There ate a few check website. Cracker Barrel as well, great for breakfast too.

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
171 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food, glorious Food - any suggestions?

We're going to eat at the Cheescake Factory, California Pizza Kitchen, and Johnny Rockets, which are all at the Mall at Millenia I think! Loads of people have told me to try manny's too as its only 5 mins from our villa!

North Attleboro...
Level Contributor
25 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Food, glorious Food - any suggestions?

Padrino's Cuban Bistro is very good.Great food and service with very good prices in a casual setting.

Orlando
Level Contributor
56 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Food, glorious Food - any suggestions?

Local? The one's you mentioned in your original post are local and fabulous. Cheesecake, CPK, Johnny Rockets etc are major chain restaurants in the US, but are good and may be new for you. Orlando has lots of great restaurants. Two sources I use when trying to find great food: Orlando Weekly (our local alternative newspaper) and the Chowhounds (who have great advice and I rely on them when travelling to a new place. They are snobs and I love it!). I'd like to put in my two cents for Pine 22, Shipyard Emporium and Bosphorous. A turn at one of the many Food Truck gatherings that occur is a lot of fun though the food isn't always guaranteed.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
747 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Food, glorious Food - any suggestions?

These are the restaurants we plan on going to during our March 2012 trip:

Texas de Brazil...Brazilian meats, on the expensive side, but sign up on their email club to get coupon offers, BOGO offers, etc.

Agave Azul...Mexican

Earl of Sandwich...sign up on the email club to get special birthday coupon offers, also 10% AAA discount if you show your card.

Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtown Disney

Matteos Family Style Italian

We've only been to Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgand Puck Express, and they were really good. The other restaurants I have only read about on TA and other forums, all getting good reviews.

Edited: 15 September 2011, 20:37