We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What a disaster...need help

dublin
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
What a disaster...need help

My OH was refused entry todayhe is driver we are in Windsor hills kissimmee,i dont drive...is only option to parks a taxi or can we bus it anywhere from here,feels like we are in wilderness,

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,679 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What a disaster...need help

He was refused entry where? To the United States?

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What a disaster...need help

I was confused by that also

nottingham, england
Level Contributor
936 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What a disaster...need help

Gettingthere.....surely you dont mean that your OH was refused entry into the USA????????? Oh my goodness...if that is correct..how awful for you...

Im afraid I cant help with the bus timetable (if any)...and feel that probably taxis are going to be your only option (as from most villa communities). But thoughts are with you...keep in touch with us and let us know how you are getting on.

Hampshire, England
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What a disaster...need help

Oh my goodness, that is so awful for you all.

I have looked up on this site page and it says that shuttles are available, I haven't delved into the site, but hope there is a contact number where you can book the shuttle. Hope you are able to sort this out very soon. Thinking of you and your family..

www.windsor-hills-orlando.com/resort.htm

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,638 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What a disaster...need help

I found this information on another site and it has no date, so may be obselete- but perhaps you can see if it still is available:

How does the Windsor Hills Resort daily shuttle service work/operate/etc?

In the sundry shop in the Windsor Hills Resort clubhouse you can find schedules and make arrangements. Shuttle cost is $10 per person round trip to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM, or Animal Kingdom. $14 per person round trip to universal, seaworld, and shopping areas. There is an information sheet at the clubhouse with the time schedule. The shuttle company is MAINGATE TRANSPORTATION. They can be called at # 407-390-0000. A taxi cab to Disney is $20 one way.. cab to Universal is $32 one way.... Don't forget it costs $11 per day for parking at Disney and Universal if you drive, although you can come and go freely from various parks, it's pay just once per day for parking at all of the Disney parks.

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What a disaster...need help

omgh this isn´t good news, but havn´t You been there before ? what happend ?

Good luck with the none driving and shuttles

Mutter

glasgow
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What a disaster...need help

Thinking of you all, good luck for Thursday xx

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
10,057 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What a disaster...need help

Windsor Hills is, as far as I can tell, about 1/2 mile south of US192 in Kissimmee to the west of the World Drive/I4 intersection.

Assuming you are prepared for the 10 minutes or so walk to US192 you can get to/from Disney for $2 each (one way price); or $16 for a week's unlimited use. LYNX buses operate on US192 in this area. The trip to Disney involves a change (transfer).

You can also use LYNX to travel along US192 if you want to go to WalMart or other supermarkets - and to the restaurants and flea markets and so on that populate this strip. The latest buses passing the area where your resort is are in the mid-evening - 8ish - so if you are out late you are going to need a cab. Buses are every 30 minutes.

There is more detail on directions and route numbers and passes and so on, and links to the timetables (schedules) here: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g34515-c125141/Orland…

Hope you get on OK.

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What a disaster...need help

What a crappy start to your Holiday. Im glad you got some useful travel info from everyone on here.Using the hotel shuttles is a matter of adjusting as you are used to driving but it will just take a little longer. Hope things get sorted for you and your Hubby joins you asap

Caz Essex x

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What a disaster...need help

I am really shocked as you have visited before. Keep your chin up. We are all thinking of you. At least you have got some info regrading transportation.