We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where's the best place to pick up an iPad 2 in Orlando?

Penrith, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where's the best place to pick up an iPad 2 in Orlando?

Hi guys, I could do with some help/advice on where to pick up an Apple iPad 2 in Orlando. I'm over for a 2 week break in 4 weeks and am staying on International Drive, close to Universal Studios.

I want an iPad 2 and a new iPod. I'm sure there'll be an Apple store somewhere in one of the malls but wondered if there was a chance I might be able to pick one up somewhere else a bit cheaper.

Thanks in advance!

(I want a 32GB WiFi only model and gather that AT&T are the carrier)

Scotland
Level Contributor
135 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where's the best place to pick up an iPad 2 in Orlando?

Walmart might have them. When I was there in June they only had the 3G ones left though which are no good for over here.

Penrith, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where's the best place to pick up an iPad 2 in Orlando?

Spot on. I'll see if I can get their latest prices on their website.

Thanks.

Coatbridge, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where's the best place to pick up an iPad 2 in Orlando?

Check out best buy which is a store in Orlando. There is a few in and around i drive. You can have a look online before hand. Bestbuy.com. I also read on here about ordering from amazon being delivered to your hotel, it seemly was a bit less expensive to do it this way.

Regards

Allison

glasgow
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where's the best place to pick up an iPad 2 in Orlando?

Apple store.. In Florida Mall

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,191 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where's the best place to pick up an iPad 2 in Orlando?

I would say Apple store or Best Buy. With Best buy you can order online for pickup in their store and they have one near Florida Mall.

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
692 posts
572 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where's the best place to pick up an iPad 2 in Orlando?

i got an ipad last year from the apple store/shop in florida mall. the staff were very helpful and friendly and not pushy. we had to hassle one of them to get served lol. a bit different from the same shop over here in the uk where as soon as you walk into an electrical shop you are pounced upon.

swindon
Level Contributor
117 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where's the best place to pick up an iPad 2 in Orlando?

we picked our up in walmart same price as apple i would try there first if you can or go to apple at mall at millenia as we found the staff at florida mall very rude iggnorant and very unhelpfull which made me laugh didint think they would want people about to spend $500 + walk out but there were about 4 walk out just why i was there we got 3g one which works just fine here

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,191 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where's the best place to pick up an iPad 2 in Orlando?

Mall at Mill is always better than FM IMHO.

But Best buy are really good too.

If walmart has what you want, and you don't need advice they can be good too. but most need/want some advice and BB and Apple are best for that. and the fact that you can preorder for pick up helps too. Good thig is now all 3 have a UK presence should probs occur.

I bought an Ipad for my son last Oct for xmas this past Dec. It developed a fault in August when we were travelling in the UK/France and we were able to exchange it on the day in the Leicester apple store w/o problem on a busy saturday. Didn't mattter we had bought it in a Best Buy in SW FL.

Barrhead
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where's the best place to pick up an iPad 2 in Orlando?

I got mines in Best Buys in the summer and I saved about £85 pound comparec to buying it here.

Penrith, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Where's the best place to pick up an iPad 2 in Orlando?

Thank you! :-)