We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Day 1&2

Saint John, Indiana
Level Contributor
408 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Day 1&2

Cast: Me (Tena 55), Michael (Hubby 62), Kenny (Friend) and Nora (Kenny's Fiance)

We had an uneventful flight on Saturday, arrived at our Villa to check things out then went back out to eat at a Chinese buffet on Irlo Bronson Hwy. It was ok, nothing special. Went to Old Town where the guys rode the GoKarts. Then to the store for some food. Very expensive!! We went back to the villa for some spa time only to find the pool filter and spa weren't working. Notified Disney Area Vacation Homes but got no response. Called the owner too but so far, no repair. Sunday was supposed to rain heavily in the afternoon so we opted for Animal Kingdom since this park doesn't take us all day. Loved Festival of the Lion King, It's Tough to be a Bug and saw lots of animals on the Safari. After leaving AK we went to DTD where we ate at Fultons. We loved it. Nora and I had a seafood trio which was grilled shrimp, a crab cake and some fish called Wahoo. I really liked the fish even though I had never heard of it. They had sour dough bread, crackers and a cream cheese/scallion/crab spread as an appetizer. Kenny had crab legs which he said were ok and a loaded twice baked potato. Michael had ribs which were incredibly tender but the slaw was terrible. Nora and I also ordered grilled asparagus which was a little crisp and very good. With our 4 beverages the bill came to $200.03. We then went to Basin where I loaded up on bath bombs and got Nora to try some too. We shopped a little then watched a stage show on the lake of a kids dance party. Finally it looked like that heavy rain might arrive so we headed back to the car and back "home". No rain so Kenny, Nora and I went swimming and Michael watched drag racing on tv. While swimming, Nora broke the news that she and Kenny were getting married!!!! Gee, I wonder if there was a way to do a Disney wedding this week?!?!!! Lol

Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Day 1&2

Hope they have fixed your Spa!

Oh a Disney wedding this week would be wonderful! Food sounds good, although a tad expensive!

Newbridge, Ireland
Level Contributor
570 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Day 1&2

Sounds like a great start. Pity about the pool filter & spa. I would definately keep trying to reach the home owner to get that sorted.

looking forward to the rest of the week.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,131 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report Day 1&2

Great tr, go karts sounds fun :) Food at Fultons sounded yum too. Congratulations to Nora and Kenny :))

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,707 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report Day 1&2

Hiya TT~~~~~thanks for the report!

Isn't Basin the coolest shop? I just love all those pretty transparent soaps,and the bath salts!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,214 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report Day 1&2

Nice TR so far.

6. Re: Trip Report Day 1&2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 09:23