We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

too old?

london
Level Contributor
421 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
too old?

Just wanted an opinion. hubby and I have been to Disney a few times over the years and always enjoyed it. We are now in our early 60's kids are all grown up so do you think we are now too old to go to Disney on our own, no kids in tow to pretend we are there for them!

Thinking of staying at Port Orleans Riverside, would this be suitable for our age? Thanks for any opinions from Disney regulars. Marilyn

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,955 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: too old?

Not really, no. Esp if you tailor your visit to more adult pleasures. Such as fine dining and relaxing etc. Food and Wine Festival at Epcot is highly entertaining for the adult population.

POR is good, and POFQ might be even better?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: too old?

Never too old for Disney. Hopefully I'll still be going (on my mobility scooter ha ha!!)when I'm 101 !!!!!!

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,202 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: too old?

You are never too old to go to Disney. You will be able to see/do the things that both you and hubby want to do, instead of having to think about what other people want to do.

I am similar age to you and went on The Hulk ride at Universal for the first time this year - and loved it. I went on three times!

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: too old?

Next year then USL - - - - - only joking :-)))))))

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,319 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: too old?

Go for it, we love Disney we are late 50s, it's wasted on kids lol

vcv
Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: too old?

I'm your age and went solo last year. And I rode Winnie the Pooh 4 times in a row right after the park opened when there was no wait--the attendant didn't blink an eye and each time asked, "How many?" (I'm sure he hadn't forgotten in the 5 minutes between times since I sort of stood out.)

So don't limit yourself to adult-oriented activities if there are others you'd enjoy!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: too old?

The parks are for the Young at Heart, and you will find there are many people of all ages, take it all in at your own pace ..it's a magicial place for all...Enjoy, enjoy!!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
672 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: too old?

Your never too old for anything x enjoy what you want to enjoy, at least you can now choose whatever you want to do, x enjoy x

Cheshire
Level Contributor
812 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: too old?

Hi

Hello Peter pan and Tinkerbell. Age is only a number. Try and work out how old all the disney characters are.

london
Level Contributor
421 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: too old?

Thank you for all your comments. I will be booking in the next couple of weks for Sept 2012 (once all the kids are back at school so its less crowded). Any ideas on the best rooms at POR for ease of getting to dining room and bus stops? Marilyn.