We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which of these to visit?

uk
Level Contributor
728 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Which of these to visit?

Hollywood Studios or Universal for 2 x 50/60 yr olds?

Want to book for Majic Kingdom and, one of these and, cant decide - we are not big on fast rides but like the 3D stuff etc - any advice would be welcome - thanks

Jan

UK
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which of these to visit?

Hmm... I can only really advise on Universal which has some stuff you may be interested in.

The Mummy is a very good ride but, as you mention, you're not into fast rides.

Jaws is also good - a lot more sedate (no drops and you'll most likely not get wet at all - doesn't go fast). There's a few other rides/shows you may like.

T2 has some good 3D, and there is also a Shrek 3D thing there, as well as the Simpsons. The MiB ride may also interest you - a ghost train where you shoot at stuff.

Only things I recall that Hollywood Studios has that may interest you would be Star Tours, and possibly the Indiana Jones stunt show (though others who know more about HS need to chip in too).

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
1,615 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which of these to visit?

As much as I like Disney, I think I'd do Universal Studios. We're mid 50s and there's only the Mummy and Rip Ride Rocket that we don't do, and I don't do the Simpsons because I can't tolerate simulators but all the rest of the stuff we do. We love Men In Black. Don't go to Universal's Islands of Adventure if you don't do thrill rides.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
672 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which of these to visit?

They both have their pros and cons,

DHS has shows and rides which will interest you, Indiana Jones show is good, as mentioned star wars, muppets 3D, little mermaid, a car stunt show, the story of Walt Disney, and beauty and the beast, all are shows, there's a back stage tour which has a trolley ride around too, there's a few rollercoasters too,

US has a few shows too shrek 4D, twister, animal actors, beetlejuice and some tame rides like jaws, and et, men in black, simpsons,

If you have the time and the budget, I would say go to both, if you don't then DHS in my opinion may suit you better x

Enjoy whatever you decide x

uk
Level Contributor
728 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which of these to visit?

Thank you all - knew I could depend on rapid replies ; )

Loveeeee Shrek n Toy Story - at the moment thinking of doing Universal AND Hollywood studios - if the price is right!

Thanks again

Jan x

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which of these to visit?

This is a tough one between Universal Studios or Hollywood Studios. I think both of these parks have their plus points for people not into thrill rides. Hollywood Studios do have many live shows such as Indiana Jones, Beauty & The Beast, Little Mermaid, Live Motors Action and of course Fantasmic.

As for Universal Studios, there are some fun attractions such as Twister, Disaster, Shrek 4D, Terminator 2, Jaws and more.

If you like the Disney parades and fireworks then go for Hollywood Studios. If you are a movie fan go for Universal Studios. But really both parks you will enjoy immensely.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
672 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which of these to visit?

Can't believe I forgot toy story, we were too late for the fast pass so waited for 90 mins! To get on and to be honest, I would have waited again, it was fantastic, we loved it so much x

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
18,204 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which of these to visit?

We are the same age and much prefer HS, we did Universal this year instead - big mistake - back to Disney next year!!

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which of these to visit?

I would have to say Universal, it is a beautiful park, really nicely themed. I think it is nice to see another park away from Disney. Universal Citi Walk is nice and there are some good reastaurants there if you fancied booking somewhere for after the park. Hollywood Studios has some good rides and shows, but I would have to say it is my least favourite Disney park. If you do go to US, do make sure to see the Horror Make up show, it is really good fun.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,191 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which of these to visit?

I think Universal would be good, but why leave off Epcot- great park great food and drink.

I'd that an Universal over MK anyday.

10. Re: Which of these to visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 04:15