We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday booking update

Wigan
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday booking update

Hi All,

just wanted to say a massive Thank you for all the help and advice i have been given especially over the past few days.

We have decided to wait until Sept/Oct 2013 to take our gorgeous little girl to Orlando as we feel spending £5000 ( inc spends) for a holiday she may not remember is a bit silly.

it also gives us more time to save so we can get a better hotel/villa and maybe stretch to PE seats with Virgin xxx

So here goes................Approx 730 days and counting whoop whoop whoop

L38
manchester, uk
Level Contributor
376 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday booking update

Lol!! good luck with the counting. You'll be totally obsessed by then.

wigan
Level Contributor
3,546 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday booking update

woo hoo! sure the little one will love it even more by then.x

glasgow
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday booking update

Neesymac, have you been to DLP?

It's great for kids and will keep you going till you get to WDW... I first took my daughter when she was two and the photos are adorable.

Wigan
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday booking update

Hi Audrey, we a definately considering it. I am off into tomWigan later to pick up a brochure xxx

I feel like a bit of a traitor tho xxx

glasgow
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday booking update

Jan -March is great prices on the actual DLP website, always book direct and wait until the 30-40% deals come on..book your own transport separately.. Dont use beauvias, use Charles de Gaulle airport if you decide to go... Free transportation to the park..

Santa fe is a decent hotel, cheap and only used to sleep in.

Wigan
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday booking update

Hi Audrey,

Thanks so much for the info, but my Oh has now decided he would rather wait until we go to Florida! And they say women change their minds a lot lol xxx

I am sad we can't go next year, but i am weird way a bit glad as we can save way more money and Gracie will get a lot more out of it when she is 3 1/2.

I will still stay on TA forum as I am still seriously obsessed xxx

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday booking update

I agree with your OH neesymac! I have often been tempted to go to DLP, but I know a little part of me would be thinking 'it's just not Florida!' Also couldn't imagine touring the parks in bad weather!

The time will fly to 2013 and you can prime your little girl by watching lots of Disney movies (always good to have an excuse isn't it!

Wigan
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday booking update

Very true ncmc, my little girl already loves the Disney Junior channel and also loves the film disney pixar cars.

Great excuse for me to watch it all too as you say lol xxx

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,319 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday booking update

Glad you have come to a decision even if it isn't perhaps the one you wanted!!

Personally think your little girl will get much more out of the holiday if you wait till 2103, don't blame you for not going to DLP better to save the money for the "proper" Disney.

You can still get your fix on here, keeps us all going I think x

10. Re: Holiday booking update

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 06:16