We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando 10 day recommendations please?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Orlando 10 day recommendations please?

hi-

travelling to orlando with other half and 1yr old baby oct 30 for 10 days

staying at floridays and will have a car.

any tips or must-do's ??

obviously with baby there are some parks that wouldnt make sense...

broadly we think we'll do-

magic kingdom

epcot

kennedy space centre

animal kingdom

gatorland

and some days shopping...

i'd like to plan in advance to make the most of our time, so any tips (especially from others who've travelled with similar aged baby) would be really welcome !

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
733 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando 10 day recommendations please?

Hi Irish JC, we made our first (and so far only) trip to Disney when we had an 11-month-old baby. I wasn't sure how much we would be able to do with him, but I was really impressed with how many rides there are at Disney that you can go on holding a baby in your lap! We visited MK and AK, which were both great parks with a baby.

Tips - your baby probably won't be as interested in the rides as you are, especially if he/she is walking now. Make sure to plan lots of time for baby to toddle around, play in a pool or fountain, and take naps in the stroller. Also be aware that at that age, they can be really afraid of the characters - Baloo really scared my little one!

Have a great trip!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,060 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando 10 day recommendations please?

You can take advantage of the "baby swap" on most rides as well. This allows one of you to hold the baby while one of you rides, then swap out and allow the other one to ride right behind.

Just ask any cast member at the various rides if baby swap can be done on that ride.

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando 10 day recommendations please?

The water parks are nice too. Even though a one year will not be on the slides, they would still enjoy the little puddles and shallow water with little fountains of water spouting out. We took our 7 month old when the rest of our extended family wanted to go and I was suprised at how much he enjoyed it. Take a change of clothes to the parks, some of them have little splash areas for little ones to play in and mine really enjoyed that to cool off in the afternoon. You did not mention downtown disney. Baby might have to be in the stoller for a while, but you might enjoy the environment, shopping, and restaurants. You could also drive to a beach for a day.

Edited: 13 October 2011, 02:42
Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando 10 day recommendations please?

hi,also there are baby care centers at the disney parks were your baby can take a nap or just a break in the day or a wash up and change.they have baby need items like formula nappys if you happen to forget something. they have cribs as well.there is baby swap at most all rides at disney and universal. have a great time!!

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando 10 day recommendations please?

I would take your own stroller. With a child that young you can lay the seat back and let them sleep while shopping or whatever in the parks. The ones you rent are hard and do not lay back.

Pompey
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orlando 10 day recommendations please?

There have been some good tips on other threads for when you are on the plane. The 'Ear-Popping' thing can be pretty stressful for a young'un, can't remember exactly what was advised but I think one was to have them have a bottle so they un-pop their ears as they swallow. ;-)

7. Re: Orlando 10 day recommendations please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 02:15