We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

disney hotel or non disney hotel

Bangor, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
disney hotel or non disney hotel

Hi there need some advise I have been looking at Disney deals for 2 adults 1 child and 1 infant for days now and I am getting a head ache. I have found 2 deals but not sure which to pick. Virgin holidays from the UK at the Hiton bonnet creek hotel 5* 14 night flight and car just breakfast £3666 or Disney Key west hotel 14 days with dining plan and flights car £4700. Is the disney hotel and dining plan worth the extra??????? Thank you.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: disney hotel or non disney hotel

Does the first deal included Disney tickets? Since you have a child I always say pick Disney after all that's why your there. It's a good deal also with 14 days of meals included!! Have you looked at the prices of booking separately

Bangor, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: disney hotel or non disney hotel

No there are no tickets included for either package. The hilton is right by downtown disney so the extra £1000 for dinners and disney resort is it worth it???

UK
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: disney hotel or non disney hotel

As WeLoveDisneyAlways says, do either deals include Disney tickets?

The tickets can cost a fair bit. With a Disney hotel I would have thought that that deal would include tickets.

Bonuses of choosing a Disney hotel - there is transport to and from the parks, so even if you do have a car you don't have to bother parking it up and remembering where you left it (you can if you want, however, so you're free to do whatever you want all the time, but I get the impression that transport to/from the hotels is VERY regular and hassle-free).

In fact, if you're thinking of ONLY doing the Disney parks, and staying in a Disney hotel... do you really want the hassle of a car? You could rent one just for the few days you need one, if you really want to...

Also, Disney guests get parking included (I think, please correct me if I'm wrong) at the parks as well as extra hours in the park - could be handy when you're with small children who don't want to wait ages in queues. Not to mention all the character dining etc.

Basically, a Disney hotel is going to be more expensive, but could be a lot more convenient. Do you really need a car (transport to/from the airport doesn't count as Disney could supply this for a small charge)? Do these deals include tickets?

EDIT - ah. No tickets included in either.

Edited: 14 October 2011, 14:35
pa
Level Contributor
54,104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: disney hotel or non disney hotel

In order to get the Disney Dining Plan, you Must add tickets, double check the Old Key West Deal, if it has the Dining Plan, it has the Tickets as well

Just a note, have I have come to understand the UK travel Agents really push Old Key West, it is a Lovely Deluxe Resort but one I wouldn't recomend for a Family with little ones. You can book any Disney Resort, there are others better suited for young families, IMHO. Be sure to ask about the Free Dining Offer, a very nice deal available right now. The price should be a bit lower. I highly recommend staying at a Disney Resort, you won't even need a car :)

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: disney hotel or non disney hotel

I assumed the 2nd deal had tickets because like partypa said you can't have a meal plan without them. I'd really look into booking separately with no car, I think you'll save money with Disney discounts it's worth a look

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,103 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: disney hotel or non disney hotel

We like both resorts very much ;Old Key West is our favorite villa at Disney because they are much more spacious than the other Disney villas and the staff is outstanding. If the prices were closer together,I'd pick OKW-but with that big a price difference,I don't think its worth it. Hilton Bonnet Creek is just as comfortable and that is a big premium to pay for convenience-the only thing you'd be saving is the $14 parking fee and some food costs. Bonnet Creek is sort of isolated though,it isn't really that close to Downtown disney-it just looks that way.We found the Dining Plan did not work for us,too much food,too much time spent making reservations and waiting at the restaurants and being served-we have always spent less on food at disney paying ourt of pocket.all things being equal-I'd pick the Hilton

Horsham
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: disney hotel or non disney hotel

Firstly I suggest you look around.

I am planning on staying in Old Key West next year, and I looked on Virgin, and then got Ocean-Florida to give me a quote and it came out nearly £300 cheaper per person, and it is exactly the same, same day, same flights (virgin), same accomodation etc.

So please look around. Also consider looking seperately. like booking accomodation direct with DIsney and flights with whoever is cheapest,

Personally I would go Disney hotel every time, and to be honest the value hotels are fine, we just stayed in Pop century and that was really good, and last year stayed at Coronado Springs, and that was lovely.

Va
Level Contributor
10,916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: disney hotel or non disney hotel

Hilton Bonnet Creek is an amazing resort. The pool area is incredible. I would easily choose it over Old Key West, but looking at the prices, I think it will end up costing you more in the end. Essentially HBC is $1600 less expensive, but you would have to spend less than $1600 on food and parking to actually pay less. You would have to feed 2 and two halfs on $120 a day. That is not impossible, but you would have to either buy cereal to eat in the room or go out for breakfast every day. Eating at the hotel would be very expensive. Personally I think 14 days of Disney food would get old, but some might be able to deal with it.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: disney hotel or non disney hotel

What are your dates? Have you priced the Disney website either for the full package or booking flights seperately? As the others have said, I would think that the Disney price would include tickets, as you can't get free dining without purchasing tickets also. If the Old Key West price does include dining and tickets, then I would think that is a super price for four people including a car.

http://wdtc.disneyinternational.com/

Is there a reason you have chosen Old Key West? What about looking at a moderate resort such as Port Orleans Riverside, beautiful resort and might bring the price a bit closer to the Hilton price you have, but with the advantages of staying onsite at Disney.

10. Re: disney hotel or non disney hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 07:16