We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vising Universal on the worst time of the year, which first?

Bromma, Sweden
Level Contributor
125 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Vising Universal on the worst time of the year, which first?

Hi,

I so happens that we will be in Orlando over New Year's Eve and will be staying at the Universal resort Royal Pacific over New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

We do fully understand that we have not chosen the most quiet time of the year, and we do appreciate that it is not ideal at all! But given that, what of two nightmarish scenarios would be less painful?

Visit IOA on NYE and take Universal Studios on New Year's Day?

Or would it be slightly less painful to take IOA on New Year's Day (and hope for that a lot of people will have a hangover from last night and will be less likely to queue up at the gates 8 a.m. in the morning??

pa
Level Contributor
54,374 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vising Universal on the worst time of the year, which first?

You may be on to something going to Universal Studios on NYEve and Islands of Adventure on NYday, that's the plan I would go with with. Good Luck, it will be crazy but you will still manage to have some fun :)

London
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vising Universal on the worst time of the year, which first?

"we have not chosen the most quiet time of the year" .......... but you have chosen the most magical time of the year....yay.

We love this festive season and yes, the parkswill be heaving, but if you're prepared for that then just go with the flow. You'll have a fab time.

Just take some warm layers, it can be changeable.

uk
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vising Universal on the worst time of the year, which first?

we were there xmas day and boxing day 2009 - and the universal parks were so quite, we had the front line passes but to be honest for those days (esp Xmas day) they were pretty much redundant.

Bromma, Sweden
Level Contributor
125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vising Universal on the worst time of the year, which first?

Thanks you all!

And great tip about bringing an extra warm layer!

If we take some extra clothes in a small rucksack, will they have lockers or something similar at the rides (those that do not allow you to bring any loose objects)???

Cedar Rapids, Iowa...
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vising Universal on the worst time of the year, which first?

Me and my husband went last spring break and it was 2 hr wait for everything. I would say get the FAST PASS!! For most rides you will get right on or maybe have to wait 10min. If you buy it online in advanced its a lot cheaper. We are going back to Orlando for a Disney/Universal trip next sat and I got fast pass VIP tickets for 50dollars a person the reg fast pass tickets I like are 25dollars extra per person. If you wait to get them till you are at the park its 90extra per person!

Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
4,120 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vising Universal on the worst time of the year, which first?

As you are staying at the Royal Pacific Hotel this will give you front of line passes with your room key, valid for the day of check in & out.

As you suggest, do Universal on the day of checking in and IOA with the early entry for hotel guests on New years day for Harry potter.

Using the front of line pass makes it a breeze and during xmas week 2010 we never waited more than a few minuites in line.

You will have a great time & the Macey's parade is good to watch.

7. Re: Vising Universal on the worst time of the year, which first?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 06:18