We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oh why did I bother checking....

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,949 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Oh why did I bother checking....

Read on another posting here that BA were reducing some of their fares for November in order to fill up seats. So, what did I go and do - yes, a mock booking for the time I,am going (all paid for) on 3rd Nov to 28th Nov. Well, the outcome is I could have saved £145 by booking today. DOH :-((( Ah well - you win some, you lose some...and I've just lost 145 quid !!!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oh why did I bother checking....

Bad girl, you should know, you never look at what the prices are doing, once you have paid. Your punishment will be to stand in the corner and repeat 'I must not look back' 145 times (once for every £ you could have saved) ;-))

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,949 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oh why did I bother checking....

I'm already doing that...so is OH :-))))

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oh why did I bother checking....

Lol, I can just imagine you both, one in opposite corners of the room. ;-)

Never mind, just think if you hadn't of booked it when you did, you might have held back with all the exciting things you have planned and then maybe missed those seats anyway. You've been able to do a proper countdown too and hey just remember YOU'RE GOING TO FLORIDA in a couple of weeks time, whoop whoop :-)))

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,949 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oh why did I bother checking....

Thats just what we were saying Floridashirl. As we have 3 different hotels booked this time !

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oh why did I bother checking....

You haven't lost £145! You must have been reasonably happy with the price when you booked it so just forget about it. NEVER look back, at prices or life come to that!! lol

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oh why did I bother checking....

I agree with US, you haven't lost anything. You paid a price for your flights that you thought was fair at the time, it so easily could have gone the other way if you had waited. Just forget about it and enjoy your last few weeks planning, you won't be thinking about that £145 when you get there, you will realise that it is a PRICELESS trip and the £145 will seem incidental!

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,949 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oh why did I bother checking....

Very true - really just checked out of interest. I know it would probably be cheaper than when we first booked !!

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,344 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oh why did I bother checking....

I hate when that happens doh is right. I'd be happy it's just 145$ not 1000$ I try not to do it anymore but I always do hoping it will go up and I'll be happy I saved money unfortunately in your case it went down. I'd give them a call see if they can do anything even a price match might be possible it's worth a call to ser

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oh why did I bother checking....

Marion, I did it last year and they were on offer for £200 each less, and I had bought 4 lol lol lol!!! Felt sick for a bit :-)

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oh why did I bother checking....

I rechecked after booking once and will never do it again. I would have saved over $200 if I had waited til Tuesday like everybody always says to do. Argh!