We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawthorn Suites/NV Hotel

Reading, UK
Level Contributor
473 posts
192 reviews
Save Topic
Hawthorn Suites/NV Hotel

I've just read the latest posting regarding the Hawthorn Suites hotel on International Drive.

The person concerned has said that the Hawthorn Suites is changing to the Virgin owned NV hotel? Is this true? It doesn't really bother me as having looked at Virgin's 2012 brochure it seems like they have kept the complimentary breakfast and happy hour which is what appealed to us. I'm just curious as Travel City never told me that the ownership would be changing when I booked it!

Mentioned in this post
International Drive
International Drive
4,474 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawthorn Suites/NV Hotel

This hotel is still bookable directly with Wyndham Hotels right through next Summer, so it would be interesting to see how Virgin are marketing it as Exclusive to Virgin UK customers.

Doncaster
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawthorn Suites/NV Hotel

We have booked this hotel with virgin sept 2012

we emailed virgin and asked the quetion as Hawthorn Suites are avilabile from Thomas Cook ?

this is the reply we recived

Further to your correspondence, I can confirm that Virgin Holidays are the only company selling this hotel as it is exclusive to us from May 2012 so only bookings up to May 2012 can be made by Thomas Cook any booking they may have made after this time will not be accepted.

Reading, UK
Level Contributor
473 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawthorn Suites/NV Hotel

Thanks Phil F. So, I'm guessing it is going to be the NV hotel!!!!

Reading, UK
Level Contributor
473 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawthorn Suites/NV Hotel

I meant to add that we are also going September 2012. I absolutely cannot wait. I'm like a 31 year old excited child!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,982 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hawthorn Suites/NV Hotel

I was checking the new "NV" hotel on the site and it sounds as if this isn't directly located on I-Drive from their description.

Are you sure it's what used to be the Hawthorn?

Pompey
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hawthorn Suites/NV Hotel

Just looked on the Virgin site & the links to TA are all for the Hawthorne. The pics of the Hotel front are identical (other than the name).

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,982 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hawthorn Suites/NV Hotel

My bad, then. Guess I just didn't read carefully enough.

Hopefully, it will be a total renovation and a great hotel when it reopens.

Woking
Level Contributor
4 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hawthorn Suites/NV Hotel

Yes, Orlando is great and you are quite right to get excited. However, I would not be too excited about the hotel being renovated. In Orlando, it only means repainted the walls, but you will still get the old furniture and the old bathroom.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
109 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hawthorn Suites/NV Hotel

The NV Hotel through Virgin is right up near Universal Studios, not the Hawthorne near Seaworld. It is off International Drive and a bit out of the way, so unless (hopefully) they have the trolley i/ride bus or you drive, then it is a bit isolated.

I telephoned them today to give me directions where it is situated. It is definitely the old Hawthorne Suites, they have spent a lot of money renovating it, so doubt it will be just a lick of paint.

Mentioned in this post
Universal Studios Florida
Universal Studios Florida
33,154 Reviews
Orlando, FL
SeaWorld Orlando
SeaWorld Orlando
29,881 Reviews
Orlando, FL
International Drive
International Drive
4,474 Reviews
Orlando, FL
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
109 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hawthorn Suites/NV Hotel

Forgot to add, it will be just for Virgin Guests, no other travel agent can book it only of course via Virgin.