We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Days 1&2

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Days 1&2

So, Rin's computer had some serious issues this weekend, so I didn't get any more of my TR done. But, days 1 & 2 are done, and days 3 & 4 are almost done.

So, I decided to put up days 1 & 2 on my brand new blog (I stole the idea from Ethel).

Unfortunately though, the pictures are all on Rin's laptop too, so there are no pictures at the moment.

If I go back in and add some, I'll let everyone know. And I'll make another post when I put up more days.

ramblingsofatraveljunkie.blogspot.com

wigan UK
Level Contributor
873 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Days 1&2

ill go have a nosey now thanks!!!! :-))

St. John's
Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Days 1&2

Great report! I love the AC flight from St. John's-Montreal-Orlando!! That's the one we always take. You're at the airport early, spend just an hour or so in Montreal and you're on your way to Orlando. Plus you get there at noon, so you've still got a full day!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report Days 1&2

Those were very interesting reports. I think since you did such a thoughtful job on the restaurant reviews, you should copy and paste them into TA restaurant reviews, so that those who use TA but who don't read the forums will still be able to see them and benefit from them.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report Days 1&2

By the way, I am still trying to figure out how your time zone is 90 minutes ahead of the Eastern US. Guess that is just some Canadian oddity, eh?

I am also trying to figure out the Narcoossee's review, as you switch from Rin to Katie in discussing your dining partner.

Edited: 24 October 2011, 17:34
St. John's
Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report Days 1&2

@GoPenguins: Newfoundland has it's own time zone. We're stuck out in the middle of the ocean :)

Fredrikstad, Norway
Level Contributor
539 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report Days 1&2

A very good TR, i really enjoyed reading it, and looking forward to the next installment!

Weird about Narcoossee’s, this past Easter when went there out first night as well after travelling for 21 hours to get to Florida, and we had the exact same experience (although our was a first visit). Everything tasted ,well just, "out of sync". It was noisy and service was just , eeh...

But we came to the conclusion that it probably because we where exhausted, so will give it another try next time :-)

wigan
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report Days 1&2

oooh very nice,and lots of yummy food.keep em coming!

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report Days 1&2

Hmmm....who is Katie and does Rin know about her?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report Days 1&2

Just read your blog - Fabulous reporting! Can't wait for next installment

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report Days 1&2

Haha, oops. As I was writing, I noticed I kept putting Katie, but I thought I had fixed all of them. Thanks for pointing that out GP, it's now fixed. I think.

Also, I do plan on putting them up as restaurant reviews. I'll also be putting up reviews of AKL (if TA will let me, I did one back in 2008) and GF.

Juanita, the one thing I didn't like about going through Montreal on the way there was that we went through Toronto on the way back. We didn't realize you had to pick up your bags going through Toronto, since you don't need to in Montreal. We got into an argument with one of the AC people when she basically told us we were idiots.

And yeah, we're the only time zone in the world that has a 30 minute difference.

Bole, I hope your next experience with Narcoossee's goes well. I think for now Jiko has my top spot, and there are several places that I want to try before I head back to Narcoossee's.