We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self service on food plan - best pics for restrictions

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Self service on food plan - best pics for restrictions

Any recs for someone on the self service meals in any of the parks, Epcot, MK, etc? This family will be there for 7 days and two can't have the burgers, fries and nachos for that long; stomach issues.

Are there better quality, healthier pics instead of junk food?

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,344 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Self service on food plan - best pics for restrictions

are you on the quick service dining plan. here is info on that including a list of restaurants …go.com/media/…2011QuickService.pdf

in turn you can visit a site like allears.net and look at menus.

places like sunshine seasons in the land at Epcot are popularly mentioned as well as wolfgang puck express at Downtown Disney. with some effort you can find more than just burgers

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Self service on food plan - best pics for restrictions

There are many, MANY food choices beyond junk food in the quick-service restaurants. During one of our trips, my wife and I were in the middle of training for our first-ever half-marathon, and there was no way we were going to assault our bodies with fried foods and ground beef.

The wealth of healthy options is surprising. Go through the menus at the link supplied above or at http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm, and I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Rotisserie chicken and other entrees, turkey sandwiches, veggie sandwiches, fresh and creative salads, tabouli and hummus platters, interesting wraps with fresh and "whole" ingredients, and so on. And if you really want to be impressed, check out the menu for Sunshine Seasons in The Land pavilion in Epcot's Future World ... it's a tasty, healthy food court!

Edited: 25 October 2011, 13:07
pa
Level Contributor
54,252 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Self service on food plan - best pics for restrictions

Plenty of yummy options, we go several times a year and never eat burgers and fries :)

Here is the complete list of Restaurants that are included in the Disney Dining Plan

wdwinfo.com/…participatingddp

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Self service on food plan - best pics for restrictions

Sunshine Seasons in Epcot is very good, with a wide range of options, they have salad and other healthy options. I like Tamu Tamu in Animal Kingdom, they don't have a huge selection, but they have a nice outdoor seating area and they do a lovely turkey & swiss sandwich on Foccacia. If you are in Downtown Disney, Earl of Sandwich is fantastic, it can get busy and I doubt a lot of the sandwiches are exactly healthy, but they are seriously tasty! Columbia Harbor House is nice in Magic Kingdom, they do some nice seafoods. Can't really think of anywhere in Hollywood Studios!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,764 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Self service on food plan - best pics for restrictions

I intentionally attempt avoid eating "burgers and fries" when doing the quick service dining at Disney and have found it very easy to do in the past few years.

Disney's food selections have definitely gotten better and tended to move more toward healthy choices in the past 10 years or so.

It takes some time to go through, but definitely check out the menu listings for the various places on property to see the variety of choices.

BTW, this past May, I visited for 5 days on the Quick Service dining plan and only ate one hamberger the entire trip.

pa
Level Contributor
54,252 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Self service on food plan - best pics for restrictions

Bump

Hopeful all these replies are of some use

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Self service on food plan - best pics for restrictions

I can safely say i have not eaten one burger on the dining plan yet. still 5 days to go though! lol

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Self service on food plan - best pics for restrictions

as stated there are many choices in quick dinning,we go to the grandfloridain they have a very nice quick service resturant as does AKL with rosted chicken and vegie dishes you do not have to stick to a park or just your resort.just check out the links that you have.

9. Re: Self service on food plan - best pics for restrictions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 01:18