We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buying at the gate... when can we use the tickets?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
672 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
buying at the gate... when can we use the tickets?

Ok, so, if I go to a Disney park gate and buy a one day ticket with the water park and more option, do I have to use the park ticket on that day? We were thinking of popping to typhoon lagoon for a day before our park day, or can we buy the one day park tickets at typhoon lagoon?

Thank-you for your help x

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buying at the gate... when can we use the tickets?

you can buy a ticket for one park or a ticket for the water park or you can get a ticket that has the water parks and more but that has more then just one day...as for where you can buy tickets, you can buy them at all disney ticket booths even in dtd..

Maine
Level Contributor
887 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: buying at the gate... when can we use the tickets?

This doesn't answer your question, but it would be cheaper to buy separate tickets - a one day theme park ticket and a one day water park ticket - than it would to buy a one day combo ticket. The water park and more option is cheaper if you are doing multiple days, but not for one day.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
672 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buying at the gate... when can we use the tickets?

Thanks for your help x didn't know there was a ticket at DTD, that helps a lot x

I was under the impression that buying a one day ticket with a waterpark and more option actually gets you two days waterpark and more, or have a read that wrong, if its incorrect I think I will do it separately x

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
672 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: buying at the gate... when can we use the tickets?

Thanks for your help x didn't know there was a ticket booth at DTD, that helps a lot x

I was under the impression that buying a one day ticket with a waterpark and more option actually gets you two days waterpark and more, or have a read that wrong, if its incorrect I think I will do it separately x whoops i posted that twice, sorry x

Edited: 27 October 2011, 14:51
Maine
Level Contributor
887 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: buying at the gate... when can we use the tickets?

Sorry, you are correct. A one day ticket does include two waterpark admissions. It's the same number as theme park admissions for 2 or more days, but you get the additional waterpark with just a one day theme park ticket.

pa
Level Contributor
53,897 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: buying at the gate... when can we use the tickets?

Can you only go to one Park, one day ?

Anyway, you can use your one day Park admission and two Waterpark admissions any day you like within a 14 day time frame from first use

You can also add more Park Days within the 14 day time frame ( just incase you decide to visit more than one Park :)

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: buying at the gate... when can we use the tickets?

annilou you can get your tickets at Guest Services at DTD, next door to Team Mickey :) They are really helpful there.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
672 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: buying at the gate... when can we use the tickets?

Thanks everyone,

You are all so kind and clever x will go get them from DTD, saves on the queing at the parks x thanks again everyone x

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,171 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: buying at the gate... when can we use the tickets?

Actually, partypa, that's outdated info on adding to a ticket. As of August 3, 2011, you can no longer add to or upgrade a totally used-up ticket. Gone are the days of upgrading a totally used-up ticket as long as it's within 14 days from that ticket's first use.

Well, the latest you can upgrade a totally used up ticket is the end of the day when you use the last entitlement. In other words, if you use up the last entitlement by entering a park on Wednesday morning, you have until the last Disney ticket booth/Guest relations closes that night. So if you use your last entitlement by entering Magic Kingdom Wednesday morning, then you leave MK before dinner, and then later that night when you're strolling around Downtown Disney you decide you want one more day in a park, you can go to Guest Relations at DTD and upgrade that ticket. BUT, you can't do so the following day.

Yes, this is a big change from the recent past. I don't like it, but Disney doesn't seem to care about my opinion. ;-)

Edited: 28 October 2011, 03:48
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,431 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: buying at the gate... when can we use the tickets?

Do you have to use park ticket that day? No you don't. You can visit water park first and then go to theme park another day, but it has to be within 14 days of the first use of ticket.