We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in within Disney versus outside of Disney

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
15 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in within Disney versus outside of Disney

My husband and I are going in mid November - he wants to stay in WDW but I want a hotel with a litte more room since we will be there 7 days. I am having a real hard time finding a place to stay that is larger than your typical hotel room that is in Disney that we can afford. Is it really more worthwhile to take a smaller room and stay within the park than it is to get a bigger place outside of it? Any suggestions on a place?

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in within Disney versus outside of Disney

We never spend much time in the hotel room except to sleep and shower. If you are only going for 7 days you will want to maximize your time in the parks, and you will save a lot of time staying on site

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,078 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in within Disney versus outside of Disney

Will you have a car? If not, then staying on property would be the route to go. If you are driving or renting a car staying at an all suite property off Disney property would give you the space you are looking for in addition to breakfast, as most all suite (Homewood, Embassy Suites, Fairfield inn & Suites) all offer a buffet breakfast.

pa
Level Contributor
53,702 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in within Disney versus outside of Disney

The room size hasn't mattered much to us, we stay at Disney Resorts so we have the Whole Resort to spread out in and enjoy. It's Lovely and stress free, everything right there including free transportation to all the Disney Parks as well as to and from the Airport ( MCO )

There are deals, discounts and offers for Disney right now. What are your exact dates and budget ? ( never sure what " we can afford " means to each person :)

Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
15 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in within Disney versus outside of Disney

I forgot to mention - we are older, out of shape people who will not be able to stay out all day and evening. Plus there are nights my husband cannot sleep and so gets up to read or watch tv :-(

Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
15 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in within Disney versus outside of Disney

We will have a car. Thanks for your response.

Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
15 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in within Disney versus outside of Disney

We will be there from Nov 13 to 20. Looking to stay at $100 or less (that includes all taxes and fees).

I have seen a lot of people say that the free transportation is time consuming due to the schedules and waiting - do you find that to be true? Or perhaps that is just the hotels offsite. It all gets very confusing. I have gone cross-eyed looking at places and trying to decipher where they are, what fees they have, what is included and not included (for example - free parking if you have a car). Thanks to all for your insight!

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,262 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in within Disney versus outside of Disney

We stay outside of Disney most of the time because we like the space and also prefer to have kitchen facilities. We also drive because the transportation at Disney can be slow,long lines and crowded-unless you stay at a monorail hotel and are only going to the MK.then its great. I'd suggest you look at the DTD hotels,we like the Hilton and Doubletree Guest Suties Embassy Suites LBV,. Rsidence Inn and Staybridge suites LBV are excellent;Check www.travelzoo.com which has some great deals and also www.hotwire.com

pa
Level Contributor
53,702 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel in within Disney versus outside of Disney

We find Disney Transportation works quite well, we never rent a car. Unless you are going during Thanksgiving, it won't be crowded ( why I asked your exact dates )

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel in within Disney versus outside of Disney

For $100 or less you would have to go with a value resort. And if your husband gets up and watches TV at night, maybe you would want a suite where he could go in another room. In your situation it might be better to be off site.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel in within Disney versus outside of Disney

If your husband cant sleep I would not stay in Disney, unless maybe you could get a villa type lodging there, We stayed this year and for us it spoiled it all being in the same room, but we are 4 not 2.Also not having a car is not a good idea imo, the costs of eating in Disney are fairly high and it would mean taxis if you wanted to eat elsewhere.