We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toy Story Midway Mania strategy at RD...

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
741 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Toy Story Midway Mania strategy at RD...

...get FP then ride standby, or ride standby then get FP?

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toy Story Midway Mania strategy at RD...

If you arrive at rope drop then..

Definately get FP then get in standby line.

The standby line moves relatively ok for the first 40 minutes. It is only after this when the FP start getting used that the standby line slows down.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,475 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Toy Story Midway Mania strategy at RD...

Totally agree. Fast Pass, then stand-by. Enjoy!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toy Story Midway Mania strategy at RD...

Many days, if you don't have a fast pass in the first couple of hours, you won't get one at all (at least our last 3 trips were that way). On busy mornings, the fast pass can be completely gone by 1-2 hours after opening. I would suggest always step over and get fast pass as soon as you arrive.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,639 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toy Story Midway Mania strategy at RD...

I mentioned in another post that my sister and her friend are there now and got a fast pass soon after opening and it was still for almost 4 pm. So they went into a line just for one or two people and got on in half an hour.

They didn't know if they would like the ride but they said they loved it.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toy Story Midway Mania strategy at RD...

It is certainly one of my favorite (and daughters favorite) rides. Worth the wait, but we have never waited more than 35 minutes.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,701 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Toy Story Midway Mania strategy at RD...

I thought this was a quiet time Carmela? Surprised to hear that. Going back to last August 2010 when I was last there I got the fast passes for my group for Toy Story around 9:30 and the return time was 11:00-11:15. And that was a busy time of year!

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,639 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Toy Story Midway Mania strategy at RD...

Well that's what she said happened this week....maybe it is Toy Story fan week or something, who knows. I actually have never been on that ride myself but next time I will have to check it out to see why it is so popular

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,701 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Toy Story Midway Mania strategy at RD...

Oh well I'll be checking it out the end of November...woohoo

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Toy Story Midway Mania strategy at RD...

Don't know about other times, but the last 3 trips (including 4 visits to Hollywood studios) the fast passes were all gone by lunchtime. None of these were summertime. Don't know, maybe it isn't as popular now....

10. Re: Toy Story Midway Mania strategy at RD...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 07:19