We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hollywood studios Tower of Terror - for kids 7 & 10?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hollywood studios Tower of Terror - for kids 7 & 10?

Hi all, anyone with kids around this age (age 7 & 10) who have tried TOT? Is it recommended? Will it be too frightening for them?

Thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
397 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hollywood studios Tower of Terror - for kids 7 & 10?

If this is the same as the one at california adventure park, while we were there a little boy who would have been around 4 went on it.

it is scary the first time but gets so much better after that

Liverpool
Level Contributor
388 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hollywood studios Tower of Terror - for kids 7 & 10?

Hi my son tried it when he was 8 and was a little scared he's now 10 and has said he's not sure about going on it this time !!!!!! My daughter wouldn't even walk up to the house.

I thought it was really good didn't think it was too scary but it depends on how your children are on rides x

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
87 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hollywood studios Tower of Terror - for kids 7 & 10?

I think it just depends on the individual,my son was 8 & he did go on but i think he was just trying to be brave & he has also said he wouldnt go back on. His 7 year old cousin loved it & was screaming to go back on straight away & then his other cousin who is 9 managed to get to the house but then was so frightened & had to leave with his dad & didnt make it to the ride itself.

UK
Level Contributor
336 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hollywood studios Tower of Terror - for kids 7 & 10?

My DD was 6 on her first TT ride. She was fine through the ride. Was scared during the drop, swore that she would never ride it again. But as soon as we had got back to the hotel she said she would do it again.

Play it by ear, I'd they see other children their age in the queue it tends to make them want to do it too, just tell them what happens during the ride and that you have a lap strap and are quite safe

Girvan, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hollywood studios Tower of Terror - for kids 7 & 10?

I took my GD 5, GS 6 and my son also 6 on this Summer.

My son had decided not to go on but when we got to the swap point he changed his mind. They all loved it and went straight back on!!

Of the whole holiday this has been the talking point at school with them and the ride they remember the most.!

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hollywood studios Tower of Terror - for kids 7 & 10?

My daughter and I did it when she was 9 at DPL and I was the one traumatized but she loved it. I wouldn't go on it again during that holiday. We went back when she was 11 and we both did it again and I loved it the second time. Really depends on your kids. There was a 5 year old on it with us and he adored it.

A x

newcastle
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hollywood studios Tower of Terror - for kids 7 & 10?

My DS went on at DLP when he was 4, I was unsure about him going on but he came off and said he loved it, although he didn't look like he had.We did't have time for him to go on again so it was over a year before he did it again.and he loved it. Think it depends on whether they like rides or not, if they do they'll probably love it once they get over the shock.

London, United...
Level Contributor
277 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hollywood studios Tower of Terror - for kids 7 & 10?

My kids will be 8 & 10 and I don't know what they will be like on some of the rides, I already decided for them not to go on Forbidden Journey at Universal, heard that can be scary but if they really want to go on it then I won't stop them. Simulator type rides will be OK for my kisd like Simpsons & Spiderman etc.

Can anyone tell me if there are smaller rollercoasters? I know DD will love them.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hollywood studios Tower of Terror - for kids 7 & 10?

Hi

I think a 7 and 10 year old will be fine on TOT.

Our youngest daughter came on with the rest of us as soon as she was tall enough. (2007 , she was 4) she has loved it every year since.

We also try and get front row seats and wave our arms in the air for the photo.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,491 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hollywood studios Tower of Terror - for kids 7 & 10?

My great nephew went on it last year when he was only 4, and it did scare him, but when I was riding it in Sept. 2010 on a visit, there was a 4-year-old girl riding it for like the 10th time that week; her parents said she couldn't get enough of it.

I have a feeling my great niece (the younger sister of the nephew) will be the dare-devil of the two and she'll love it when she's tall enough to ride. She's only turning two next week, but she's already more daring that her older brother who's now nearly six.

It all depends on the child.