We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Eat? Lost with what to choose...

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Topic
Where to Eat? Lost with what to choose...

I need help with restaurants. I’m lost. Since I am from Dallas, I’m not as excited about the chain restaurants in Orlando. I’m not against them but we have Chili’s, Applebee’s and Cheesecake Factories a plenty here.

There are 8 of us in our party ranging from late 40’s to 3 y/o (grandparents x2 , parents x2, teen/preteen x2 and under 5 x2). We will be eating lunch in our condo (Regal Palms in Davenport) and 6 out of the 8 dinners out of the condo. I do not want to eat onsite at Disney. We are on a budget and Disney blows that out of the water for food. I would like to average no more than $15 to $20 per adult and under $10 for the kids. I have a cert for Giordano’s in the Lake Buena Vista area. I looked at the Miller’s Ale house menu but didn’t see any prices.

Any suggestions for some reasonably priced places that would be close to our condo or Disney?

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Eat? Lost with what to choose...

Take a look at Manny's Chophouse, nearest one to your location would be Haines City.

Well within your budget particularly the early bird specials.

mannyschophouse.com/index.php…

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,375 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Eat? Lost with what to choose...

Another vote for Mannys, does get very busy so call ahead

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Eat? Lost with what to choose...

Love al the restaurants you have mentioned already ...this year we loved Maggianos.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Eat? Lost with what to choose...

Thanks! I added Manny's chop house to our list of places to eat at. :o) Looks like it is only 8 miles from where we are staying. This is def what we are looking for....

laura: we are so burned out on chain restaurants since we eat them in our everyday life. Def looking for something different than our "everyday" chains.

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to Eat? Lost with what to choose...

I don't know if this would be further than you are willing to travel but can highly recommend it.

http://www.oboysbbq.net/index.html

scotland
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to Eat? Lost with what to choose...

Hi, Defo go to Mannys! You will see from the website they do buy one get one free on fajitas on a Wednesday. Also there is a night that kids eat free.

We stayed in Hampton Lakes which isnt too far from you and we went to the end of the 27 onto the 192 and down to TGI Fridays - the Jack Daniels chicken burger is amazing! I'm sure you also know the Cracker Barrell is good too and there is one just along the 27 also

We also went to Longhorns on the 192 which was ok but TGI's is better

Enjoy!

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,096 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to Eat? Lost with what to choose...

Longhorns and TGI Friday's are both chains that the OP wants to avoid.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to Eat? Lost with what to choose...

Thanks vic! I'm not against TGIF but we have 3 within 10 miles. Just want something different. I'm open to a chain that is Florida based that I wouldn't normally eat.

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,059 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to Eat? Lost with what to choose...

The Ale House is a good choice and the prices are very reasonable. It's been a while since I was in one, but I think a burger and a coke will run you less than $10. I think steaks were like $12. They weren't steak house quality, but they were really good for a cheap steak.

It's also a chain, but we really like Sweat Tomatoes. They've got a grea buffet that's like $8.5 with a drink. They've got salads out front, and pizza, potatoes, soup and other stuff in back.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
961 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to Eat? Lost with what to choose...

You might look into Bahama Breeze. There was one in OKC for a while and we loved it.