We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burt's Blog - day 8 :)

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,091 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Burt's Blog - day 8 :)

Sat 22nd Oct. Today was AK - open 9am-5pm.

Set the clock to reach AK for rope drop using Lynx buses ! How ever we arrived at 10ish as we caught a slightly later bus. Anyway headed to EE and got a FP then rode it, that was scarey ! I didn't use my FP I was a wimp ! Then headed to Kilimanjaro Safari and collected another FP. AK was a low crowd today :0) Also rode Dinosaur - really funny/scarey

, saw the Nemo show - lovely.We rode Kali River Rapids in the last hour and we got drenched, loved it !

We saw Gorillas at the Pangani Forest Trail, missed the hippos, then we used our FP on the Safari, it was brilliant, saw hippos giraffes, elephants, lions and more ! it was a really fun ride and our driver was fab :) Watched the Lion King show - brilliant, and kids collected more autographs too.

We did a full day here and we all loved this Park. The theming was fantastic and I loved all the greenery of the lush long rain forest trees. AK is my favourite Disney Park :))

We then caught a Disney shuttle to Saratoga Springs Resort , got off at Congress Park and walked to DTD, as we had a ADR at Trex at 7pm. We just made it on time !! Glad we booked as it was very busy at this time on a sat evening. It was great in there, noisey, wild and a fun atmosphere. Thank God we did not sit in the Ice Cave, it was darkish and you couldn't see any of the dinosaurs etc from there, and those changing lights eeek !! Food was good, shared colossa nachos as a starter, then Lasagna and burgers. Then DD and DH had the big ice cream and cake dish were it steams in the middle ( forgot name), I had keylime pie ( not the best) DS had some nut safe stuff. As it was getting late we didn't look around DTD but caught the 111 back then the 42. Shattered again ! Chill day tomorrow.

My teary moments were Nemo musical and the Lion King show :))

Really sorry this Blog thing is sooo long each time !!!!!

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Burt's Blog - day 8 :)

don't apologise about the blogs being too long, they make great reading and I really look forward to them.

A x

north east
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Burt's Blog - day 8 :)

Not too long at all!! Nice amount of detail and hints for first timers, and lots of memories for those of us who have been before!

Lou73

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Burt's Blog - day 8 :)

I sobbed my heart out at Lion King , I really really did! Heartwarming :-)

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,518 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Burt's Blog - day 8 :)

Not too long, enjoying them (though getting a little mixed up between yours and Herbie's, going back and forth lol)!

wigan UK
Level Contributor
873 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Burt's Blog - day 8 :)

there fine love reading them!! Lion King is my favorite show :-))

warrington, england
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Burt's Blog - day 8 :)

I adore Lion King. My dream is to persuade my mum into going to Orlando, and watching this show always makes me think of how much I KNOW she would love it!

Those Kali River Rapids drenched us as well, we were there the Saturday before you were, I'm sure they were never so dramatic!

Our 5-yr-old loved that ride, one of her faves of the trip.

Haven't dined at T- Rex but that dessert sounds interesting, I will have to peruse their menu :-)

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Burt's Blog - day 8 :)

AK is my favourite park too! Love the theming and think it is the 'prettiest' park. Lion King is just amazing, I'm not a massive fan of Nemo though, probably my least favourite show.

Did you see Flights of Wonder? It's a great show too.

Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Burt's Blog - day 8 :)

Do not appologize, they are not long at all! I love them! We have never eaten at TRex, but I do go in everytime and walk around, normally during the day when its not busy and the servers dont mind!

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,091 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Burt's Blog - day 8 :)

@ ncmc, we missed flights of wonder :(

Hi 5lfc, glad you liking the blogs ! I would have loved to have spent some time at DTD but it was getting late after the meal and we had 2 buses to catch !!

10. Re: Burt's Blog - day 8 :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2012, 04:16