We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DDP question

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
961 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
DDP question

We have the regular dining plan for our upcoming trip and my husband brought up a good question today. Can we swap a dessert for an appitizer? Don't get me wrong I love dessert but it would be great if one of us could get an appitizer and the other order the dessert so we could share.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,568 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DDP question

No mrs_weaver, I don't believe so.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DDP question

Sadly not :(

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,544 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DDP question

Appetizers are one of the reasons we find the "deluxe" plan a better value, for our family. We always order appetizers and the price adds up in a hurry.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DDP question

This is what turns me off the regular dining plan, I would always have an appetizer and very rarely have a dessert. I think it's a flaw and no doubt a DIsney plow to get people to upgrade to the delux plan!

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
95 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DDP question

To tack onto this question...Can the child's DDP, which includes an appetizer, be used on an appetizer for the table?

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DDP question

A child's appetizer is usually a bowl of fruit or something small it's not an adult style appetizer

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
961 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DDP question

It would be nice if you could choose one our the other. Dessert after every meal for a weej sounds like a bit much for us. But don't worry I won't let then go to waste. Lol

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: DDP question

You can get your dessert to go and enjoy it back in your room, or we sometimes get fruit or a bag of chips with our lunch and take it to go

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,544 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: DDP question

Fortunately, you can skip dessert and still have a good value, with the dining plans. The entrees alone, cover your costs, and you also receive a non-alcoholic beverage and tax.

10. Re: DDP question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2012, 04:17