We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For those that go just about every year, do you...

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Topic
For those that go just about every year, do you...

go to the same theme parks every year or do you mix them up. Just wondering, as you have seen the shows etc before, if you would not find it as exciting.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
457 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: For those that go just about every year, do you...

We 've gone the past three years in a row and have done pretty much the same thing. Our daughter is seven so Magic Kingdom is her thing. Although I still love it and could do the same thing every year my husband said he's burnt out on Disney parks. "Been there done that". He says we will ago again someday but not for a few years. He wants to do something else and when we do go back to Orlando maybe do other things rather than parks.

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: For those that go just about every year, do you...

We have been every year for 10 years. We do tend to give some parks a miss sometimes, but to be honest we still love them all. Find these days that we are happy to go in for just a few hours, rather than have to be there the whole day. Favorite is Seaworld.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: For those that go just about every year, do you...

We have been forf the last 17 years and We have always got tickets for all the theme parks... we only did it one year were we left out Disney and it just didn't seem right!!!! we like the option to come and go and to revisit the rides and shows that we enjoy. We also mix up the holiday by taking a trip to Vegas or one year we did a mini cruise half way through our 21 nights to the Bahamas. Have fun planning

Ormskirk, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: For those that go just about every year, do you...

To be honest,we went this year for our fourth visit in 6 years and to be honest it has lost some of the magic for me! My daughter is nearly 8 and we have covered every inch of every Disney park in the past few visits and we threw in Universal this time,although to me it did not have the same magic.

The second week of our holiday was a cruise,and we all now prefer that to Orlando in general.

Perhaps you can have too much of a good thing and yes I would agree with the other post about "having been there and done that".

I know a lot of people on her will disagree with me,but I"m being honest!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: For those that go just about every year, do you...

Marco where did you go on your cruise?

Ormskirk, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: For those that go just about every year, do you...

Royal Caribbean,Oasis of the Seas around the Eastern Caribbean route,Bahamas,St Thomas and St Maaten.We LOVED it!Definately gets my vote for a holiday now.

It was our second cruise,we did 2 weeks Orlando and a week on Freedom Of The Seas last year and we were hooked!

Our daughter prefers the cruise hands down to Disney!

London, United...
Level Contributor
433 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: For those that go just about every year, do you...

we go on monday (6 sleeps) and it will be my 10th trip since 1997,

i tend to do each group of parks on alternate visits, this year its IOA, US, SW, AQ and W&W, last trip all disney parks and water parks plus SW and AQ,

SW is the only park i do every visit as its def my favourite!!!!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: For those that go just about every year, do you...

This has happened to us this year. This time we just felt like we had done it enough and the excitement and enjoyment wasnt as good this time, even in our fav water park, it just didnt feel the same, you know what they say, you can get too much of a good thing.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
747 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: For those that go just about every year, do you...

We mix it up by staying at different resorts, eat at different restaurants (so many to choose from at WDW!), and change our touring agenda up a bit. This year, instead of just WDW, we're doing Universal Studios, WDW, and a 7-night cruise on RCL's Allure of the Seas. This change-up is a result of our kids getting into their teen years and their ability to do more. They would've been just fine with just WDW, but I think we can now explore far more than just staying within the Disney bubble. Keeps it interesting.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: For those that go just about every year, do you...

Marco.... This is something we are thinking about doing next year.. We like to go for three weeks thinking about a week in Disney a week cruising and a week in Disney ...we have been quoted £2,300 for four adults just for the cruise!! Don't mind me asking but who did you book with and is this a good price?