We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How good this forum is!

Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
How good this forum is!

I just needed to let you all know how special this forum is!

Later this month DH and I are going on a holiday of a Lifetime to Antigua. We have been planning for months, I have been on the Antigua forum posting questions and stuff, but you only get one or two replies! Well yesterday our tickets for the trip arrived, and I was sooooooo excited I posted on there (just like I do on here when they arrive for Orlando) that they had arrived! Do you know what 24 hours later not one reply!

It really makes me appreciate this forum, as I know how excited I get when others post about getting there tickets, and how people have been excited when I have posted that I have mine!!

So to one and all on here, thank you for making this forum such a friendly and welcoming one!!

And when I book for next year and my tickets arrive, I will once again post it on here! lol

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How good this forum is!

I know!!!! I had posted a question on the Tenefife site for my parents and while I got 2 very helpful replies in 3 days, it was nothing like on here. Every question here is answered almost immediately with lots of info. Love it on here and wouldn't be able to plan for next June without all the lovely people who are willing to answer any question I have asked :)

A x

wigan UK
Level Contributor
873 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How good this forum is!

very good for planning and I learn something new all the time alot of helpful people :-))

Pompey
Level Contributor
2,081 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How good this forum is!

I think it helps with Orlando being one of the most popular destinations. The sheer amount of options of what to do, where to eat etc, along with the fact that many people go and don't do the same things 2 trips running, means there's a lot of info out there.

A typical beach type destination only has so much info needed. ;-)

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
2,510 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How good this forum is!

Glad you got your tickets. We got our e-tickets yesterday, it was getting close to knocking down doors etc: as we fly out of Manchester on Monday :-))))).

Have a great holiday, have lots of fun.

Yes this is a briliant forum to be on.:-)

ajg

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How good this forum is!

Ditto...this forum is amazing!!! I posted on Amsterdam forum warning people of a scam with booking hotels...got nothing but nasty comments but my Orlando buddy's came to my rescue and gave them grief....were a lovely crowd of friendly helpful people....big pat on the back for all of us xx

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How good this forum is!

Oh and. By the way have a fantastic holiday sooooo jealous x

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,965 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How good this forum is!

Well, 5 you can ask me. Been to Antigua a number of times!

Any Q's, send em my way and I'd love to help ;-)

Please tell me you are leaving grumpy granny at home?

Edited: 08 November 2011, 10:26
Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How good this forum is!

Yes Amanx grumpy granny definatley staying home! Just DH and I, we are celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary!

The people are nice enough on the Antigua forum, there just is not a lot of chat or that little bit extra if you know what I mean! lol

All advice gratefully acepted, recommendations for eating would be good! We are staying at Cocobay Resort which is AI but we will be going out and trying things!

pa
Level Contributor
54,088 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How good this forum is!

5, it's all about the pixie dust and magic over here, can't get that anywhere else in the world. Hopeful your holiday is amazing and we await your return to Orlando Forum fun and happiness for next year :)

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,965 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How good this forum is!

I am a Jolly harbour girl mainly. But not too far.

Castaways on the beach there is good for a burger at lunch, but I don't guess you will be eating out much. Great little place at FFryes beach that does suckling Pig on a sunday.

What about activities? Darkwood Beach? Body surfing or boogie boarding at Half moon Bay? A private sailing excursion from Miramar at JH? What about Eli's Ecotour? I've done all these and more ;-)

Edited: 08 November 2011, 11:33