We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR-One Week at Disney Day 2 - Oct 26 - HS and Lunch ADR

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
TR-One Week at Disney Day 2 – Oct 26 – HS and Lunch ADR

TR-One Week at Disney Day 2 – Oct 26 – HS and Lunch ADR

Up around 7:20am to get ready for a full day at HS. We go down and have breakfast at the resort. I’m not a huge breakfast eater so I had coffee in my refillable mug and DH had French toast with bacon. He had coffee in the mug so we took a drink with the dining plan for the parks. Back to the room to drop off refillable mugs and we are off. (We don’t like carrying them around all day so we always go back to the room) PS. Floor is still wet this morning. I’m still thinking that maybe it will dry or that the maid will see it today and correct it for us.

Head to HS but didn’t make it for opening. Just missed it by 15min. Head to right to Toy Story for Fastpasses and got one for 11:30-12:30. Did Muppet 3D, The great movie Ride, Backlot Tour, Magic of Disney Animation, and then back to Toy Story for our Fastpass. We were looking forward to this ride as we missed it back in 2009. I LOVE that ride. I can see why it is so popular. Oh and I beat DH! LOL. Shopped in the little stores everywhere, got my 2011 pin and DH got his Boston Red Sox pin. Then we had lunch reservations for Mama Melrose at 1:10pm. This was also the Fantasmic Dinner package. So the cool part about this is you still use only one table service credit but because it is the Fantasmic Dinner Package, you get an appetizer which you do not normally get with the regular dining plan. Both of us had ceasar salads for apps, I had chicken parmesan with spaghetti on the side for the entrée and DH had the striploin steak. I was too full for dessert but he had an ice cream. Just fountain drinks so the total was $88.53 (34.99 + tax for each dinner package) but with the dining plan was only $14.00 which was just the tip. She gave us our card for our special seating and entrance for Fantasmic. We decided to head to DTD for a bit so bus to Pop and then hop right on a bus to DTD. We walked and shopped. We got our air brush pictures done together which we absolutely love. We got shaded black and white instead of color because it was like $20 more and we thought it was just as good. Pretty good too! The we went to Ridemakerz for my DH. This is where you make a car (remote control or not) and get to pick all the pieces, body, wheels, rims, etc. The detail for anyone who is considering it: $30 for the body, $25 to make it remote control, $4.00 ea for one set of rims, $4.00 for a muffler tip, (TONS of other accessories that can be picked out) $5.00 for a battery for the remote control. (does not come with a battery, they test it to make sure it works and then take it out) and $25.00 for a rechargeable pack. It comes with a battery pack that takes 4 AA batteries which should last 30-45min. Of course DH wants the rechargeable pack so that cost extra. Total cost after tax: $97.98. Yikes I know. But it was for DH. And the thing is too, they ask you question like “what noise do you want it to make?” and each different noise is an extra $3 but it comes with a “stock” noise. I knew that so I just said no thanks. Same with the wheels. If black tires are ok, then no cost, if you want anything special, i.e. white lettering, it’s extra. If you are not careful, the bill just goes up and up and up and they don’t really mention it. Then he gets to put the car all together and they time you. Overall a good experience.

Back to Pop to rest. Forgot that there are 2 bus stops at DTD so we walked all the way back to the Marketplace and got the bus only to stop at Pleasure Island and then back to Pop. Took a quick nap and then got up to get ready for Fantasmic. Stopped off to get a vitamin water (used a snack) and then bus to HS. Headed right back to the theatre even though it was an hour before the show. DH got a beer and I got a box of popcorn. Headed over to the special dinner package entrance. That roped off area was pretty empty so we sat as far left a possible and the seats we just fine. We arrived early but people were arriving right up until show time and still found a seat with ease. There was no one in the row ahead of us at all. What a great show! Apparently the sorcerer Mickey was not there as I had read about it before we left but we had never seen it before so we thought it was great. Stopped off at one of the carts on the way out with all the `glow` stuff and got some Christmas gifts for our nieces and nephews. We headed back to Pop on the bus (got right on a bus, no wait) and we were hungry so stopped and got 2 quick service meals, burger and fries and a cheese pizza. Desserts too of course. Ate back in the room and just relaxed and off to bed. Realise the floor is still wet so I call to housekeeping and they say someone will look at it. Well 10min later someone comes up. Anesse from maintenance is at my door with a big red blower to dry the floor. Very nice man. He sets it up for us and says someone will check tomorrow on it so he won’t bother us again tonight. Honestly, we didn’t mind the noise at all as we usually have a fan going at night anyways so it was nice. The size of this thing was a bit annoying but oh well, the floor will be dry tomorrow right??

Newbridge, Ireland
Level Contributor
570 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TR-One Week at Disney Day 2 – Oct 26 – HS and Lunch ADR

Where do u get the air brushed photos?

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
880 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR-One Week at Disney Day 2 – Oct 26 – HS and Lunch ADR

Aloha tripgoerNS

Great TR's, I would like to know about the airbrushing too. I was glad to see you liked Mama Melrose,

Aloha

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR-One Week at Disney Day 2 – Oct 26 – HS and Lunch ADR

We got our air brush done at DTD right outside the sports store Team Mickey. You could get black and white, black and white shaded or color. The color was like $75 for 2 persons so we just got the black and white shaded one for $52. Plus tax of course. We love it and we are going to frame it. It only took the guy 10min for each of us. I sat down first and then my DH. It was a neat experience.

We saw them in lots of places. At our resort, at MK. But each is different and maybe not airbrush, maybe just a sketch and different prices. The one in MK said it would take an hour!! We passed on that one.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TR-One Week at Disney Day 2 – Oct 26 – HS and Lunch ADR

You're trip reports are fantastic! Thanks you so much for taking the time to write them. I love the sound of the make your own remote control toy, my hubby would love it, but nearly $100? Ouch, that’s a bit steep, and I can totally see how the price would rise without you realising. Hmm, debating now whether to tell hubby about it or not!

5. Re: TR-One Week at Disney Day 2 – Oct 26 – HS and Lunch ADR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2012, 06:15