We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR-One Week at Disney Day8 - Headed Home :(

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
TR-One Week at Disney Day8 - Headed Home :(

Day 8 – Nov 1 – Headed for home :(

Our DME pick-up is at 8:45am so we are up at 8, finish packing and walk to the main lobby. No need to check-out as the letter on the door says everything is taken care of. I stop for one last coffee in my refillable mug and DME shows up right on time. One more stop at another hotel and then off to the airport.

We had such a great trip and thanks to everyone on here for answering my questions.

We loved October with the weather, crowds, and the F&WF so we are planning for October next year again!

Any questions at all, I would be heppy to answer!

Happy Planning Everyone!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,295 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TR-One Week at Disney Day8 - Headed Home :(

Enjoyed your reports, thanks for sharing!!

Walt Disney World...
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: TR-One Week at Disney Day8 - Headed Home :(

Just finished reading all of your TR's sounds like you had a great time!

What a great upgrade you received. glad you are already planning a trip back already

Question: Now that you have stayed at a moderate, would you go back to a value property? Just curious, as we stayed at pop century once a long time ago- DH hated it, so we moved to POR. We have never stayed at a value hotel since.

Jos

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR-One Week at Disney Day8 - Headed Home :(

Thanks for all the great reports tripgoer, I have really enjoyed reading them. It seemed like you fitted loads in the week you had, but still managed to fit in rest and relaxation time. We like you enjoy just wandering round the parks, stopping for lots of snacks and generally just chilling out rather than feeling we have to ride every single ride. That’s the great thing about having been there before, you don’t feel under the same pressure.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TR-One Week at Disney Day8 - Headed Home :(

We would stay at the value again. In fact, our SIL and BIL want to take our 2 neices for a trip this March and want us to go and they are doing the value resorts as they love the bright colors and Disney feel that they have.

Its funny because if we were staying anywhere else on a trip, the value would not cut it and we would probably switch hotels. But at Disney, we are barely in the room so it works just fine. I will miss the extra space of the vanity area that we had at Coronado, the free fridge and the more upscale decor, but the money that we save when staying at the value instead, wins.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TR-One Week at Disney Day8 - Headed Home :(

We definaltey did not feel the same pressure this time. And we felt like we saw so much more by taking our time and stopping to people watch and just enjoy the Disney atmosphere.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TR-One Week at Disney Day8 - Headed Home :(

October has become our favorite time to go. I am glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks for the reports.

Sorry your trip is ending.....

7. Re: TR-One Week at Disney Day8 - Headed Home :(

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2012, 06:15