We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cocobam's Trip Report - 2 1/2 Days at Epcot!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
746 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Cocobam's Trip Report - 2 1/2 Days at Epcot!

Hi Forum Friends, I'm just back yesterday from a wonderful 10-day stay at Port Orleans Riverside with DH, DD10, DS6, and DS5. Disney has freed my imagination, so I'm not feeling the need to do TR's in chronological order - and I know you don't want to read about what I had for breakfast before my flight - let's get to the parks!

We arrived at POR around 1PM, and our room was ready. We got settled, and my boys really wanted to expore POR, so DH explored with them while DD and I caught the bus for our first ever visit to Epcot! We were there in time to get Fast Passes for Soarin', then we rode Living With the Land. This turned out to be a ride that my usually thrill-seeking DD loved. Then we saw Circle of Life, which neither of us really liked - it was like a PBS film narrated by Lion King characters.

We stopped in at Club Cool, which is really awesome - we sampled all the sodas - DD loved Costa Rica (like cream soda), and my favorite was Israel. We also rode Spaceship Earth, Ellen's Energy Adventure, and Mission:Space (non-spinning version). We loved Mission:Space, and we had a great time in the post-show area, playing the video game and sending postcards from space home. We used our FP's for Soarin' and rode Living with the Land again.

We didn't want to stay out too late, so we only visited two countries - Mexico and Norway. We rode the ride in Mexico and ate dinner at a table by the lake at Cantina de San Angel. We both loved our food (empanadas for me, beef tacos for her) and enjoyed relaxing by the water. Then we rode Maelstrom - was it just my imagination, or was this ride really short? We stopped in at the Kringla Bakeri and picked up a School Bread and Sweet Pretzel to take back to our room with us before heading back. I loved the School Bread, but my DH isn't fond of coconut. I wasn't crazy about the Sweet Pretzel - it had the consistency of a danish - not what I expected.

Our second visit to Epcot later in the week was with the whole family. We arrived in time for Rope Drop. The kids and I headed for Soarin', while DH (who gets ill on many rides and didn't want to chance Soarin') went for Test Track FP's. He met us at Living With the Land, which we rode twice. Then the Seas with Nemo and Friends, Turtle Talk with Crush, and a visit to Club Cool. Get ready for this - DS6 LIKED Beverly. It wasn't his favorite of the choices, but he did drink a whole cup! Then Mission: Space green (DH and DS5 waited in the post-show area), used the Test Track FP's (DH sat this one out too), and had lunch at the Food & Wine festival booths. This was not a success with my family. DH and I would have enjoyed it alone, but the kids didn't enjoy many of the things we tried.

After lunch, the boys headed back to POR for a swim, while DD and I explored a few more countries. We saw the movies in Canada and France, saw the Serveur Amusant act in France and did the Kim Possible Adventure in France. It was weird - when we checked in at the KP booth between France & UK, they assigned us a mission in Norway! I asked if we couldn't have UK or France instead of walking to the other side of the lake, and she said missions are assigned randomly. She really didn't want to give us a close mission, but we were not going to walk to Norway, so finally she said "let me see what I can do," and walked away. When she came back, she handed us a Kimmunicator but wouldn't tell us where our mission was - she said we had to walk away to find out. So we did, and it was France. I'm not sure why getting the country we wanted was such a big deal - when your first mission is done, your Kimmunicator asks you if you want to do another, and it lets you pick what country you want. We didn't do another one, though.

We went to the Imanination Pavilion and rode Journey into Imagination and checked out the interactive post-show area - this one didn't have much to offer compared to the one at Mission:Space or Spaceship Earth. We were just about to go into Captain EO when the boys called - they were on their way back to Epcot for dinner. We met them and took the boat across the lake to Germany for dinner at the Biergarten - this turned out to be one of our favorite restaurants of the week. After dinner, DD was tired, so she and DH returned to POR, while I stayed with the boys, who had gotten a second wind. We rode Test Track twice more and Soarin' once using FP's from earlier in the day. We revisited Club Cool, then it was almost park closing, so we hustled for the bus.

On our final visit to Epcot later in the week, we went to the rides we hadn't been on yet and revisited favorites. We rode Mission:Space and played in the post-show area. We rode Test Track three times (using FP's), visited Club Cool twice, rode Spaceship Earth, Journey into Imagination and finally saw Captain EO, which turned out to be one of DH's favorites at Epcot - it was probably really campy a while back, but now it's a kind of cool homage to the '80's. We took the boat across the lake for lunch at the Tangierine Cafe in Morocco - we loved Morocco and the food here, but we had some language difficulty with the person who took our order and it was a bit of work to get the order right in the end. I had the Sliders (a trio of lamb, chicken, and falafel mini-sandwiches,) and liked the lamb best by far.

Since we were at a more relaxed pace here today, we spent a good bit of time exploring Innoventions, which the kids loved. We enjoyed the 3D Weather movie, and DD and I rode Sum of All Thrills, which is a very cool ride. As a side note here, I am not Pooh-sized (I'm an average-sized person,) but I had to squeeze a bit to fit into the seat on this ride. We ran out of steam before dinner, and we returned to POR for dinner at the food court and early to bed.

Epcot has turned out to be my favorite Disney park. We were there longer than at any of the other parks, and I still feel like I could have spent a lot more time there - we only got to see about half the countries, saw very few of the acts and didn't check out many of the interactive exhibits. I'm already looking forward to going back!

Let me know if you have any Epcot questions or comments! Other park reports coming soon!

Horsham
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cocobam's Trip Report - 2 1/2 Days at Epcot!

Great TR, I have to agree with you, it is a great park and we love it too. Keep them coming !

wigan UK
Level Contributor
873 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cocobam's Trip Report - 2 1/2 Days at Epcot!

sounds like you had fab time at epcot!!! :-)

Co Down, N. Ireland
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cocobam's Trip Report - 2 1/2 Days at Epcot!

Fantastic Tr, There really is so much to do in Epcot, Sounds like you all had a fantastic time

Caroline.x

Brookneal, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cocobam's Trip Report - 2 1/2 Days at Epcot!

Great report!!!

Glad you had such a wonderful time!

You are making me *so hungry*! :)

Looking forward to our day at Epcot in January!!!!

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,369 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cocobam's Trip Report - 2 1/2 Days at Epcot!

Oh Cocobam...I really enjoyed "following" you on that TR! Mission space is really cool, isn't it? Did you get your postcards from space yet? Aren't they fun to do!!

Lol @ your little boy drinking his Beverly. It's my favorite,but I'm strange,and enjoy cough syrup too...tee hee hee :+)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
746 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cocobam's Trip Report - 2 1/2 Days at Epcot!

I'm glad you enjoyed the TR!! I am still looking forward to receiving those Post Cards from Space! Between my three kids, I think we sent 7 of them. Unfortunately, when we got back yesterday and tried to turn on the computer, it crashed. I'm using my work laptop today, but I haven't gotten into my home e-mail. It will be a nice Disney booster when we get them!

Walt Disney World...
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cocobam's Trip Report - 2 1/2 Days at Epcot!

Another great TR, Glad you had so much fun. I love Epcot, its such a great kid and adult oriented park at the same time.

Jos

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cocobam's Trip Report - 2 1/2 Days at Epcot!

Great tr. Epcot was my DH favourite park also. Reading your report I realise we missed a fair bit there, but we did only have 1 day. We all loved club cool too.I also meant to try school bread and I forgot !! Off to read another one of your tr's now, actually it makes a nice change that they are not in any order :))

9. Re: Cocobam's Trip Report - 2 1/2 Days at Epcot!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2012, 10:30