We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time to see MK fireworks on New Year's- which resort ?

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
416 posts
230 reviews
Save Topic
1st time to see MK fireworks on New Year's- which resort ?

I looked to see if this was posted, but couldn't find anything.

My husband and I and our 3 kids (ages 5-7, one is a cousin) are going to see Cirque at 6 on New Year's. The show is supposed to be 90 minutes. MK has fireworks at 8:30. Is there somewhere we could go (we do not have dinner or resort reservations) to see the fireworks?

If so, how long before should we "camp out"? And approximately how long do the fireworks last? Thank you! (This would be our first time)

pa
Level Contributor
54,196 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time to see MK fireworks on New Year's- which resort ?

I would catch a Polynesian Resort Bus from Downtown Disney and go hang out on the Beach. I say take the Bus whether you have a car or not because parking a car at any Disney Resort may be restricted to Resort Guests only. The bus will be easy enough to take. The fireworks last a good 20 minutes or longer. Grab a cocktail and a lounger and enjoy? The next fireworks will go off at 11:50 to ring in the New Year, if you wanted to hang out for that. The Bus will run til 2am to Downtown Disney

Edited: 18 November 2011, 22:25
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
416 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time to see MK fireworks on New Year's- which resort ?

Thank you!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,409 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time to see MK fireworks on New Year's- which resort ?

Second Partypa's recommendation on catching the bus to the Polynesian resort and watching from their beach area.

You'll likely have lots of company, and hopefully you'll get there in time. Might be a bit crowded on the busses, but get to the DTD bus stop just as fast as you can after the Cirque show lets out.

Here's a map of DTD showing the nearest bus stop over near Planet Hollywood.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/downtown.htm

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
416 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time to see MK fireworks on New Year's- which resort ?

Awesome! Thanks :)

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
416 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time to see MK fireworks on New Year's- which resort ?

Forgot to ask, but approximately how much is the bus per person?

pa
Level Contributor
54,196 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time to see MK fireworks on New Year's- which resort ?

It's Free :)

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,409 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st time to see MK fireworks on New Year's- which resort ?

All Disney transport around the property, whether bus, boat, or monorail, is free for all visitors.

You just need a little patience at times dealing with the waiting time for busses or the lines waiting to board them.

8. Re: 1st time to see MK fireworks on New Year's- which resort ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2012, 10:18