We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving Time to St. Pete's Beach from DisneyWorld?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
607 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Driving Time to St. Pete's Beach from DisneyWorld?

Anyone know the accurate time to drive to St. Pete's Beach from DisneyWorld? Which day and time would be best to drive this?

Is Renting a car the only way to go? other than shuttles which may take all day.

Thank you for any info.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,938 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving Time to St. Pete's Beach from DisneyWorld?

its around 1 hr-1hr -15 mins once your past the early morning traffic, its fine i have done orlando-treasure island 1 hr ....door to door,....

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,486 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving Time to St. Pete's Beach from DisneyWorld?

Driving time is approximately 2 hours, depending on traffic.

Renting a car would be the easiest and probably the cheapest way to go.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
607 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving Time to St. Pete's Beach from DisneyWorld?

Any suggestions on which car company to rent a car from? and what we would be looking at to pay for the day?

Thank you

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,486 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving Time to St. Pete's Beach from DisneyWorld?

Which company? That partly depends on WHERE you will be renting it. MCO will probably offer the most options. If staying at Disney, your options will be severely limited. Sorry, I don't know what companies offer pickups at WDW. Perhaps others can advise on this. However, weekday rentals with Enterprise can be very reasonable and they will pick you up where you are staying. Try Enterprise's web site and use "Lake Buena Vista" as the pickup location. You can browse rental rates here: http://www.autoslash.com/

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
14,929 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving Time to St. Pete's Beach from DisneyWorld?

We have done the drive and realistically, it takes at least 1.5 hrs but will depend on the time of day you do the drive. How tony7 did the drive to Treasure Island in one hour ...I have no idea!!!! I would pick a weekday but avoid the "rush hours". I think you will have to rent a car to make the trip.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driving Time to St. Pete's Beach from DisneyWorld?

Tony has a Learjet :)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,938 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Driving Time to St. Pete's Beach from DisneyWorld?

uslovers..............who told you ??? lol lol, its been done legally, not speeding,of course, i pick the right time to travel each way, going down leaving orlando at around 9-50 am, so all the forwarding traffic south would clear before us, and returning, its important to wait leaving treasure island/st pete beach until 10-50 so all the rush hour traffic has receded/ plus of course being a professional driver have the forward vision looking for parked cruisers in the median!!!! lol lol

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Driving Time to St. Pete's Beach from DisneyWorld?

Google Earth puts LBV to St Pete beach at 104 miles. If Tony has done it door to door in one hour He has been doing well over the speed limit all the way. I thought 1;40 mins a good time without breaking the speed limits given that you have to get through Tampa.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,938 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Driving Time to St. Pete's Beach from DisneyWorld?

xr759 i maintained the speed limit at all times , ive been driving over 33 years, clean licence no points no tickets, can drive everything on the road, hold instructor certificates in hgv driving, pcv , motorcycle training, advanvced hgv driver trainer advanced motorcycle rider, i have no reason to lie , or embellish the post for effect, i have to go thru strict training every 4 years to maintain my skill level, if i said i done it in that time, you can believe it, i pride myself on my driving skills, they are a close second to my martial arts skills . so if you dont believe me fine, but dont disrespect me by saying i was lying because i do it every time i,m in treasure island

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Driving Time to St. Pete's Beach from DisneyWorld?

For us mere mortals I would allow at least 1 hr 30 mins :)