We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Disney Resort for Adult Couple??

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
337 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Best Disney Resort for Adult Couple??

It's been 20+ years since my last trip to Disney and Wow, am I overwhelmed! My Husband and I want to visit as Adults, no kiddie rides this trip. We want one of the Deluxe properties, and thinking we will spend most of our time at Epcot, and fine dining. This is more of a splurge vacation, not the one of budget with kids in decades past.

So, questions are what resort and which rooms are the best for our circumstances? Is there any particular area of that resort that is has better views, near more things etc? Which restaurants would you recommend with good food and good wine? We are going in Feb., wondering if any water parks would be open, and will pools be heated? What is the "deluxe dining" package? Lot's of questions I know, but any suggestions appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,406 Reviews
Orlando, FL
World of Disney
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
pa
Level Contributor
54,737 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Disney Resort for Adult Couple??

Close to Epcot, I would highly recomend the Boardwalk Inn, it's quite Lovely and lots of Dining Options

http://allears.net/acc/faq_bw.htm

The best Resort however, IMHO, is the Wilderness Lodge, very nice for an Adult Holiday, beautiful and relaxing, ahhhh yes, wish we were there right now

http://allears.net/acc/faq_wl.htm

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,406 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,056 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Disney Resort for Adult Couple??

In the winter I like the Boardwalk Inn-it's kind of romantic to me. If you think you'll want to swim the Yacht Club has Stormalong Bay-the best pool on Disney property. Yacht Club has a masculine feel to it-lots of brass and dark woods. Rooms at Boardwalk are lighter and frillier. Both of these are within walking distance of both Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

Since you're planning on doing a lot of fine dining I highly recommend the Dining Plan. It's nice to have your meals prepaid and order off the menu without worrying about the prices. We like the Signature (pricier) Disney restaurants which use two meal credits per person and enjoy the Deluxe Plan on a splurge trip. With the Deluxe Plan you can have a nice sit-down breakfast and then dinner in a Signature restaurant every night of your stay. Just a warning, it's a LOT of food!

Our favorites are:

-Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge)

-Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge)

-Narcoossee's (Grand Floridian Resort)

-Flying Fish Cafe (Boardwalk Inn)

-Yachtsman Steak House (Yacht Club Resort) (YSH is hubby's favorite. IMHO it's only okay unless you REALLY like steak!)

-Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge) Boma is the only non-signature restaurant on my list. It's a buffet but, goodness it's tasty!

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,406 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Hollywood
Hollywood
Broward County, FL
Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,544 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Disney Resort for Adult Couple??

Boardwalk Inn and the Deluxe Dining Plan. Magical! Ditto all of Jsmla's dining choices and will add the Hollywood Brown Derby, at HS, in a booth.

For a true splurge, stay "club level". Excellent service at Boardwalk Inn! We prefer NOT to be on the Boardwalk side of the hotel; due to late night noise levels.

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
12,691 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Disney Resort for Adult Couple??

Hiya Shaktitourist~~~~~I've stayed at lots of Deluxe Disney resorts. They are all fabulous,IMO. If you're planning on visitng Epcot a lot,your best bet would be Boardwalk,or Yacht and Beach Club. (I'd suggest Yacht Club side,as it has a bit more of a "grownup" vibe,but Beach club is also very elegant and beautiful). It's nice to be in a room nearest the Yacht club quiet pool,if you can get that location. You can stil have Stormalong Bay,just a stroll away,if you want to "play." It's great fun,and they have sandwiches and cocktails at the pool bar. It's great to have Epcot just a stroll away...especially at night,after the fireworks show! ;+))

As the other peeps have said,you can walk to Hollywood Studios,or take a nice relaxing boat ride over. (You can also take the boat to Epcot,but it's almost faster to walk.)

Oh yeah...check out the resort map,and you'll see that the Beach Club side is a shorter walk to Epcot. The whole area is so pretty that you won't mind walking around. (just so you know)

I agree about the Brown Derby with your dining points. It's so Old Hollywood,and really fun to eat there. The food is very good.

Here's a glimpse of the wicked water slide at Stormalong Bay.

I'm 61,and still ride it. It's reeeeeeealy fun!! :+)

http://youtu.be/i5j6W5keR6M

Edited: 30 November 2011, 00:31
Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,406 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Hollywood
Hollywood
Broward County, FL
Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
12,691 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Disney Resort for Adult Couple??

Oh yeah..Travelfan is right...get a booth!! I also MUST mention their Pink Grapefruilt cake for dessert,or peeps will tell me I'm slipping... ;+0

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
12,691 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Disney Resort for Adult Couple??

oops...forgot the map of the hotel...duh!

www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/yachbeachmap.htm

pa
Level Contributor
54,737 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Disney Resort for Adult Couple??

Moose, Perhaps the lights are too Hot on your antlers

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
12,691 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Disney Resort for Adult Couple??

Tee hee hee Partypa! It's about time that somebody noticed,after all my hard work. ;+))

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
337 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Disney Resort for Adult Couple??

Thanks! So no Grand Floridian huh?

Also, my Husband is not sold on deluxe dining option. I am not sure I thoroughly understand it myself. Why not pay as you go?

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,056 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Disney Resort for Adult Couple??

It's more of a haul to Epcot from the Grand Floridian than the Boardwalk or Yacht/Beach. From the Grand you'll be dropped off at Future World which is a bit of a hike from the World Showcase and all of it's dining delights. From an Epcot resort you're just a short stroll/boat ride away :-)

We get the Dining Plan on a splurge trip because my husband loves those $40 steaks! Our bill at Narcoossee's cost more per person than one day on the Deluxe plan, ditto Yachtsman's. It's like getting your breakfast and snacks for free! Now, my DH is a big, big, big eater so it works for us. When it's just our DD and myself we skip a dining plan and pay as we go. Since the two of us are happy sharing at our appetizer and dessert (sometimes we even share entrees) it makes more sense for the "girls" to just pay out of pocket.

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,406 Reviews
Orlando, FL