We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel similar to Marriott's Harbour Lake

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Topic
hotel similar to Marriott's Harbour Lake

Hello all

I have booked 5 nights at the Marriott's Harbour Lake in feb

but for the second week of our vacation we want to stay at a diffrent place for diffrent shopping and resturants.

we are 2 adults and a 2 year old who loves pools and playgrounds!

we need hotel with bedroom and livingroom area. what do you recommend?

thank you very much

Chris

pa
Level Contributor
54,442 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel similar to Marriott's Harbour Lake

In addition to restaurants and shopping, do you need to be near any of the Theme Parks ? Will you have a rental car ?

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel similar to Marriott's Harbour Lake

Hi we dont need to be super close to The parks, but 20-30 min away Max , yes we have à car

Chris

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,433 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel similar to Marriott's Harbour Lake

Harbour Lake is a good central location for Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, Shopping, etc. You'll have to drive out for meals anyway. Assuming you are spending most of your time at the attractions, honestly, not much point in moving in my opinion. It will only take away time from your vacation. You won't really achieve different restaurants and shopping only different locations of the same restaurants and different commutes to the same attractions and shopping venues. I'd stay put or at least not focus so much on a new area as a different property which might have different amenities. For example, going to a different Marriott (there are two others right there and a few others a bit further), or trying a different brand (check out the competition). Or you might consider adding a few nights where you are to make it a full week then having a couple of night splurge at a Disney or Universal onsite hotel

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,349 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel similar to Marriott's Harbour Lake

Nickelodeon Resort has plenty to do for younger kids.

Sheraton Vistana Villages also looks like a nice place that we have thought about staying at but never have. The Disney Value resorts are nice and really cute theming.

Toledo
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel similar to Marriott's Harbour Lake

I agree with the above...I wouldnt move. We have owned at Harbour Lake for 14 years and it is perfect for small children. The main pool has zero entry and a pirate ship with water slides for the kids. When my boys were little they enjoyed pool days as much park days.

You are 5 min from Seaworld...if you miss all the lights. You can be on Disney property in 10 to 15 min easy as I-4 is located right there.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel similar to Marriott's Harbour Lake

Hello

the problem is that the room rate goes up with $150 after the 10th of feb so we need to move for that reason

Is there any nice resort walking distance from the downtown disney ?

thanks

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,433 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel similar to Marriott's Harbour Lake

the following hotels are within walking distance to Downtown Disney http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,444 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel similar to Marriott's Harbour Lake

Look at orange lake too. Good waterpark/pools areas.

There are some near to DTD like Cypress pointe and they are near to loads of restaurants. But the facilities won't be better than the marriotts as it is a much smaller property.

Va
Level Contributor
11,423 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel similar to Marriott's Harbour Lake

My suggestions for something similar:

Hilton Grand vacation club Sea World/I-Drive/Parc Soleil

Vistana Village

Wyndham Bonnet Creek

Caribe Royale

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel similar to Marriott's Harbour Lake

hello again

Thanks for all your help, how is the sherathon Vistana Village and vistana resort different ? which one is the better one ?