We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat in Disney?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
pgh,pa
Level Contributor
496 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to eat in Disney?

Staying at Animal Kingdom for 5 nights have the meal plan and park hopper.Have to make Reservations for dinner.Any suggestions and help greatly appreciated.Me and my wife in our fortys with 9 year old daughter.

pa
Level Contributor
53,717 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat in Disney?

With staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge you clearly must try Boma, it's Swell. Some our favourites include but of course are not Limited to

Kona Cafe at the Polynesian, Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club, Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingom, Via Napoli and La Hacienda at Epcot, Yak & Yeti at the Animal Kingdom, Mama Melrose at Hollywood Studios. For a very Disney Character Meal experience nothing beats Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary :)

For all your Options on the Disney Dining Plan

www.wdwinfo.com/disney-dining-plan.htm

Not sure when you are going but you can make your ADRs ( advance dining reservations ) 180 days in advance, many of the nicer and more popular restaurants do book up fast so the sooner the better

book on line at

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/

Enjoy the Animal Kingdom Lodge, it's one of our favourites :)

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1633854

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat in Disney?

You might want to check out whcih characters are at which meals, in case there is a character with whom your daughter would like to eat:

http://allears.net/din/cb.htm

http://allears.net/din/cbchar.htm

You might also want to see this about the AKL:

http://www.aklresort.com/

Edited: 22 December 2011, 04:01
pgh,pa
Level Contributor
496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat in Disney?

Thanks for the help, its a starting point so many choices so little time.Lets go Pens and Steelers

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
442 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat in Disney?

partypa...all the times i have been to Disney, we have overlooked Via Napoli. Never even seen it. I am excited to make our dining reservations in a couple months because that is going to be one of them for sure.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to eat in Disney?

With respect to specific restaurants, I like the Cape May Cafe, Mama Melrose's, and Crystal Palace, whihc partypa recommended. In addition, I like the Hollywood Brown Derby at Hollywood Studios (but it is 2 credits for dinner), the Liberty Tree Tavern at Magic Kingdom (family style all you can eat), and the Garden Grill at Epcot (also family style, with characters; it is the only place left with Chip and Dale). If you have a meal plan that is not the deluxe one, some counter service places that I like are Sunshine Seasons and the Electric Umbrella at Epcot, the Columbia Harbour House at MK, and Pizzafari at AK. As is the case with many posters on this site, I am not particularly fond of any counter service places at HS. I think the Backlot Express isn't too bad, but I really don't like Toy Story Pizza Planet (and you can read my review if you are curious for details).

Yes, let's go Pens and Steelers - although they are both a disaster injury-wise.

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
10,973 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to eat in Disney?

Hiya Curious~~~~~~~with a 9 year old,I would definately suggest the "Crystal Palace" in the Magic Kingdom. Pooh and his gang are always there,the atmosphere is very magical,as it's right near the Castle...and it's always buffet,so there's something for everyone. (all the mac&cheese your little heart desires). Happy planning. ;+))

Saint Simons Island...
Level Contributor
180 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to eat in Disney?

My 4 year old thought breakfast at Chef Mickey's was fantastic, and I agree. This was my favorite of our 3 sit down meals. I hear this is a much better choice for breakfast than dinner, however.

Saint Simons Island...
Level Contributor
180 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to eat in Disney?

Definitely the best seated meal option in the Magic Kingdom for little ones.

pgh,pa
Level Contributor
496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to eat in Disney?

Once again thanks for all the help. Still not doing to bad even with all the injurys, if they ever get healthy and all on the ice at the same time,look out. Go Pens and Steelers!

pa
Level Contributor
53,717 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to eat in Disney?

Go Steelers indeed !

MJ, Via Napoli is Swell, shared a Pizza with a few Forum members in October, it was almost as big as the Table and oh so yummy :)