We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Day 6

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Day 6

Day 6 Christmas Day

Up early again today for another breakfast on the bridge over Hourglass Lake. Several Pop room windows were filled with lights and other holiday decorations. I noticed one room that had a chair outside with bags of Doritos and potato chips. I wasn’t sure if someone had just left it behind or if it was a family’s traditional gift for Santa.

DS1 drove to Hollywood Studios, and we arrived at the 8 a.m. opening time. I was so excited when a CM approached me at the entrance and asked how many in our party - he gave me 5 fastpasses to the Lights Motors Action show. Our first stop was Toy Story Mania where we got fastpasses and walked right on. I loved this ride and now understand why it is so popular. Next stop was breakfast at Starring Rolls. DH was hungry so he was able to get a ham sandwich, apple, fruit tart and coffee. The rest of us shared a peanut butter cupcake (another wow!) Onward to Tower of Terror; it wasn’t as bad as I thought, and the drops were really smooth. Next was Rock n Roller Coaster; I truly hated this and felt very “off” when we exited. I don’t like to be jostled around. Back to Toy Story Mania. DH was holding fastpasses for the two of us, but after much searching he concluded that they flew out of his shirt pocket on the Aerosmith ride! We waited while our kids rode. By now it was time for the stunt show. This was really exciting to watch and I highly recommend, but the audio was way too loud - again I must be too old.

I had read about the new Comedy Warehouse show, so we made our way to the theatre. This was fantastic; the performers are so funny and quick to make a joke. I don’t know how they do it. We enjoyed it so much that we went for a second performance later in the day where DH was picked to come up on stage and be interviewed! DH has a dry sense of humor and was so comfortable on stage - we were all very proud! I think this is a temporary attraction at Hollywood Studios, but it deserves to be here permanently. Thank you to the poster who made me aware of this.

We had a late lunch today at Mama Melrose, which has a very pleasant atmosphere and is decorated with little white lights. Since we had the Fantasmic package, we had appetizers/salads for this meal. Between the five of us we had clams oreganatta, calamari, salad, and Mozzarella with tomatoes - all great and much better than the desserts. The pork osso buco and polenta were delicious, but I thought my husband’s fish and pasta were tasteless.

After lunch we did Muppet Vision 3D and Star Tours (I sat this one out.) We had some time to kill before Fantasmic, so we went to the Walt Disney exhibit. I guess on a regular day this would be uncrowded, but today it was mobbed. We all thought this was interesting, especially DD, who loves history. The family wanted to see the movie, but I told them we wouldn’t have time if we wanted to get to Fantasmic.

Good call on my part since it took a long time to get through the crowds and we weren’t exactly sure where to go. We may not have gotten seats if we had waited much longer. We ended up 7 rows back, just to the right of center, so a good location. I got wet but DH enjoyed the misting. A very exciting show and we were glad that we had reserved seats when we saw the long line. I think the family really enjoyed this since they didn’t know what to expect. I had told them that we had a dinner package, and they all assumed that there would be a performance at Mama Melrose. Leaving the theatre was crazy - too many people all exiting at once. It would have been scary holding onto a small child here.

We had another go on Toy Story Mania, then found our way to Streets of America for the Osborne Lights. This alone was worth the price of admission. I loved the music and the snow and the lights. We were here for 45 minutes, but I could have stayed much longer - it just felt so happy and peaceful. Everyone in the crowd seemed happy too. A pleasant way to spend Christmas evening.

Everyone was anxious to go home but DD was intent to see One Man’s Dream; I was glad that we agreed since the film was well done. We got back to POP at about 9:40, and as we arrived we could see Illuminations from the top stairwell near our room. I was so happy to have the chance to see it again. Back to the room where the kids shared some Christmas presents.

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Day 6

a very nice way to spend christmas...thank you for you report....

wigan UK
Level Contributor
873 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Day 6

what a lovely day! :-))

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,065 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report Day 6

A fab christmas day. You all seem to get quite a lot achieved in your day and it must be busy by now. Osborne Lights sound amazing :)

4. Re: Trip Report Day 6

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2013, 10:19