We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re WESTGATE resort in Kissimmee....

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NY
Level Contributor
570 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Re WESTGATE resort in Kissimmee....

I just want to post something real quik to let people know what I experienced. I heard terrible reviews on westgate..I chanced it. I will tell you it was beautiful and very very nice. We got a great deal in exch agreeing to go thru a timeshare presentation. It was not a big deal at all like I heard. It was supp to be 90 mion but ended up 4 hr BUT we wanted to hear what the yhad to offer etc, I suppose if you go with a def no in your head it would have been alot quicker. He was not pressuring whatsoever.

They did not charge me more than promised, and we were very very happy wioth our stay. Just cannot afford those prices for tshare. It is 32,000 and up for a week per year.

Check in was FINE..took oh Id say 20 minutes...Room was immaculate and pretty. They accomadated our requests with no hassle...lake view, balcony etc.

I cannot say one bad thing about them.

new york
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Re WESTGATE resort in Kissimmee....

Was this the Westgate at 10000 Turkey Lake blvd.?

NY
Level Contributor
570 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Re WESTGATE resort in Kissimmee....

no..Lake WIlson Rd. Westgate Town Center.

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Re WESTGATE resort in Kissimmee....

bssd-

Do I even want to know why you asked about that resort in particular? Ha, I ask because I just booked (well, submitted my reservation) through timeshareorlando.com for the Westgate at that address because my first choice (Calypso Cay) went from having the entire month of March available to being "sold out" overnight. Oh well, even if it's terrible, I got a ridiculously discounted rate and it certainly can't be any worse than Celebrity Resorts was last year.

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Re WESTGATE resort in Kissimmee....

And OF COURSE as soon as I post this, I notice a tripadvisor link advertising Westgate and it's $10/night cheaper than what I paid. This site has SO much information it's hard to keep up!

NY
Level Contributor
570 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Re WESTGATE resort in Kissimmee....

what is timeshareorlando .com a place where you can visit many places in return for a cheap rate go to a ts pres??? never heard of it..I am sure most wgate ones are similar....Like I say it was anice and not a hassel. Hope you enjoy.,can I ask what your rate you got per night was?>

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Re WESTGATE resort in Kissimmee....

Yes, they offer discounted rates at a couple different properties (Westgate, Calypso Cay, Oak Plantation, Silver Springs, Celebrity Resorts) and then you are required to do the 90min timeshare presentation. The site claims that "most" of the properties include a pair of attraction tickets..... but only 2 of the 5 specifically say they're included. I found that site through another thread on this forum and it didn't sound like they had any problem going through the timeshareorlando website. The rate I got was $40/night at Westgate.

NY
Level Contributor
570 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Re WESTGATE resort in Kissimmee....

yup jusrt about the rate I got you will be pleased....

Trinidad
Level Contributor
831 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Re WESTGATE resort in Kissimmee....

Westgate isn't bad but they are over priced. I almost bought there then went to Orange Lake country club and resort and got 2 bedroom 1 week every year for the price of Westgates 1 bedroom 1 week every other year.