We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't want to drive!!!!

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Don't want to drive!!!!

Planning a hol to Orlando but don't want to drive.

Recommendations for places to stay please but do not want to stay in 1 room.

Have stayed in LBV resort village in 2008, would like somewhere different this time.

Thsnks

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,050 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Don't want to drive!!!!

Which parks are you planning to visit?

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Don't want to drive!!!!

Well you wont be able to consider a Villa without a car.

Hampshire, England
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Don't want to drive!!!!

There are plenty to choose from.......

Do an accommodation search using the above Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com etc and a selection of properties with transport options and areas will show up. A bit time consuming, but i find that half the fun. Good luck.. :)

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,355 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Don't want to drive!!!!

It costs approx. $30 each way from a hotel to the parks so I would figure $60 a day to go to a park and back. May be cheaper or more expensive depending on distance.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
646 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Don't want to drive!!!!

I'd suggest the International Drive area. You really don't need a car if that is your base as there are plenty of restaurants/shops Both the IRide Trolley and Lynx buses run up and down International Drive so it is easy to get around. The two outlet shopping malls are located at either end of IDrive. Seaworld to the south of the Drive is easy to reach by bus or trolley

If you use the Lynx you can get to the Disney parks, Mall at Millenia and Florida Mall (for all of these you do need to change buses - remember to ask for a transfer as you board, saves paying again).

If you are looking for more a suite/apartment type of accommodation, I'd recommend Hilton Grand Vacations - the one at the South of International Drive near the Premium Outlets, Floridays or one of the Embassy Suites on International Drive - I prefer the Convention Centre one myself.

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
10,155 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Don't want to drive!!!!

Bus services on International Drive summarised, in case it helps ....

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g34515-c116996/Orland…

hollywood birmingham
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Don't want to drive!!!!

Also look at Lake buena vista around palm parkway (you will have access to lynx bus route) - We have stayed at cypress pointe in a 2 bed and that was fab - probably got a 10 min walk to the nearest bus stop, but certainly doable if you are not wanting to drive.

having a car is easier, but fully understand not wanting to drive i have done it several times without a car - and even now depending on where im going determines whether i take a car or not, i tend to head off to the coast a little more now.

If spending more time at universal than disney look at i drive - we stopped at the fountains just up from premium outlets, and there was bus/ lynx stop right outside the resort.

Chris

Surrey
Destination Expert
for El Gouna
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Don't want to drive!!!!

We also hate driving on holiday and therefore we always stay at Loews Royal Pacific, you can get a boat or walk to US, IOA & City Walk. I drive is a 10 minute walk away as is Wet & Wild. From I Drive you can get a bus to Seaworld & Aquatica, we sometimes walk it but it does take a long time. From City Walk you can also get a bus to Bushe Gardens in Tampa Bay. We never do Disney so cannot comment on how easy it to get there although I have seen buses saying Disney on I-Drive.

Also don't forget that if you stay at Royal Pacific you get to fast track US & IOA for free with your room key.

Virgin often do great offers for this hotel, we paid £1,300pp for flights, transfers & hotel last September for 14 nights are have paid £1,700pp for 16 nights this coming June.

Lisa

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Don't want to drive!!!!

You can always stay onsite at Universal or Disney

www.universalorlando.com

www.disneyworld.com free bus service from airport to resort and back home

planning www.allearsnet.com

www.wdwinfo.com

this one is in the middel of Epcot its not a Disney hotel

Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Don't want to drive!!!!

Thanks for the ideas guys

Would not be going to Disney as dad that last time do would be universal, sea world etc