We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MGM Recommendations

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Topic
MGM Recommendations

I realize the name has changed of MGM, but I forget what it is at the moment :)

What are the must-do's at this park? Seems overwhelming, and I want to make sure we hit everything (we being a couple 30 year olds), we will only be in the park for one day.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,130 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: MGM Recommendations

I'd check things out on the website to see what appeals to you most

…go.com/parks/hollywood-studios/

Toy Story is the most popular ride with FastPasses disappearing for the whole day pretty quickly.

Tower of Terror and Rock N Roller Coaster are two of the best rides on Orlando in my opinion.

Star Tours is recently renovated.

The 2 stunt shows, Beauty and the Beast, and Fantasmic are also very good.

And more.

You should have no problems doing it all with a full day.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: MGM Recommendations

Disney's Hollywood Studios-I had trouble remembering for quite a while ;-)

-Toy Story Midway Mania is the hottest ride in the park-arrive early or get a FastPass. FPs are often gone before noon.

-Rock-n-Rollercoaster is a cool rollercoaster in the dark with inversions.

-Tower of Terror is a "freefall" ride and one of my top three in all of WDW

-Star Tours is a simulator with a spiffy new rehab.

-If you like shows Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage is lovely

-If you like cars Lights Motors Action is held 2-3 times each day

-I like to try my hand at drawing a Disney character. You can do this at the building where the Animation tour dumps. You don't have to take the tour, just enter through the gift shop :-)

Have fun!

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MGM Recommendations

My gf and I frequent the parks up in Orlando and since we are both late 20s/early 30s here is our recommendations...

1. Rock and Roller Coaster... the only roller coaster in the park and its a good time. A lil cheesey, but it is indoors which helps if its ultra hot/humid outside. Plus if you love Aerosmith, youll really enjoy this ride.

2. Tower of Terror... a freefall ride. The hotel (based off of the Twilight Zone) is really well done. Good times.

3. Star Tours.... recently refurbished and its a must do.

4. Muppets 3-D... we are a bit nostalgic and this lil show is always fun (plus give you a chance to sit down in AC when its hot). :)

5. Stunt shows... neat shows and fun to watch.

Personally, we dont even spend the whole day at Disney Studios, we really start our day there, go on the few rides we really want to, and then head to one of the other parks to spend the rest of the day.

PS Never been on Toy Story, but my gf has and says its a good one. Although, the lines (as previously stated) can get ridic, so unless you wanna wait, get a FastPass or think twice.

4. Re: MGM Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2013, 09:23