We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ecv

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
oh
Level Contributor
110 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
ecv

Can anyone recommend a good scooter company's?

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ecv

There are several in the area that have been around for a long time:

Buena Vista Scooter Rental (www.buenavistascooters.com)

Scootarama (www.scootarama.com)

Walker Mobiltiy (www.walkermobility.com)

All deliver and pick up to your hotel, villa, condo.

oh
Level Contributor
110 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ecv

Thank You

Limerick, Ireland.
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ecv

Thanks for posting the question and reply. I am posting this in the hope that it will be useful to some other members of the Trip Advisor Community. We read this post before our holiday in April and decided to hire a small three wheel scooter from Walker Mobility.

I rang the company and got advice on the type of scooter as I needed an easy to manage one that was easy to dismantle for transport in our hired mini van. Different people will have different requirements so it was quick and easy to phone the company direct. I must say I was totally impressed with the scooter, the company and the service.

The scooter was at the hotel before we arrived and collected from the hotel the day we left. As there were 6 of us we had hired a mini van from Alimo which was huge compared to Irish vehicles. The scooter fitted into the booth with all seats in use.

It is cheaper and more convenient to hire scooters direct rather than rely on hiring once inside the parks. It is very useful to have the scooter on the long walk to the parks and also for shopping and touring outside the parks. You should let the people at the theme park car parks know you have a scooter and get a special pass at guest relations in the Disney Park, otherwise you could find yourself having to drive the scooter a long distance while the rest of the party board the trolley train. The trains and ferries further on the route are accessible.

Universal parks are accessible from lifts and therefore distance is not a problem there.

Edited: 14 April 2012, 22:15
u.k
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ecv

Hi,I need to hire two ECV's and have found a reasonably priced website at www.orlandotouristinformationbureau.com. Can anyone confirm if they have used this company and if they are legitimate? thanks.

u.k
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ecv

Just realised that the company I am looking at is scooterrentalsorlando.com. Does anyone have any feedback on this company. It would cost $300 with tax for two weeks hire.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,277 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ecv

I just hope all you wonderful ECV people do a test drive or 3 before you rent- just to get to know your vehicle.

I got serious ankle damage from one recently when a new to ecv driver ran into me.

u.k
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ecv

Hmmmmm......I don't drive a car so was a little concerned about this but intend practising lots before going into the parks.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,277 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ecv

Please do.

I didn't sue the person who hit me, but you might not be so lucky.

u.k
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ecv

Might be a good idea to just take my wheelchair then but what happens if the person pushing me bumps my chair into someone, do I run the risk of getting sued for that? Wouldn't it be wonderful if I was as fit and healthy as I was on previous visits and could walk around the parks myself. Unfortunately since becoming disabled I have found that people are not very considerate towards a person in a wheelchair who has great difficuly navigating around them or items they leave in your way.As I am visiting the parks at a busy time of year I am envisaging a frustrating time in this respect.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,277 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ecv

Just saying to be careful as all that metal causes damage when you are not used to being in control of it. Maybe rent one at home for a week? Esp if you are not a driver it might help you be mroe confident esp if you use it in your local mall on a saturday (theme park conditions).

It is like giving a car to a 17 yr old w/o driving instruction- someone might get hurt, Hopefully it won't be you or me. I have been hurt and it wasn't fun. How would you feel if you made someone disabled perhaps? Just a thought for the day.