We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chef Mickey Breakfast or Akershus House Princess Breakfast

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Chef Mickey Breakfast or Akershus House Princess Breakfast

Hello all..Hoping that someone who has knowledge/experience with these venues can assist me in making a decision...We have already booked Chef Mickeys..but 2 of the kids say that want to do the princess breakfast..Chef Mickeys is 35.00 cheaper and more convenient and I have made it for the morning of our first full day...if we do Epcot we will have to walk 20-30 minutes to the back of the park before we even reach the Akershus house...and how is the food at either...is Chef Mickeys only Mickymouse..no princesses? which would you do..I have been told that Chef Mickey reservations are hard to get ..so I want to be sure before I let it go..I don't mind spending a bit more (hubbys not happy) but I want the 3 girls we're taking to be thrilled and I want to be sure that the food is great & plentiful after all we are paying between$128.-162 for breakfast for the 5 us us...hubby says for that price he's eating everything in sight! hahah...thanks for your help

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chef Mickey Breakfast or Akershus House Princess Breakfast

Have you thought about a princess dinner I'd prefer to spend the money on dinner and eat more. Out of the 2 breakfasts I'd prefer chef mickeys like you said you'd have to walk to the back of the epcot. I don't like to wait for breakfast we usually grab a quick bite then have an early lunch outside the hotel.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chef Mickey Breakfast or Akershus House Princess Breakfast

I had'nt thought of that..dont they usually cost more?..I know that we could not do Akershus house as the kids would not eat that style food. and then hubby would be really fit at the cost and not having them eat..thats why I thought breakfast was the safest bet and the princess breakfast at the castle was wayyyy to high. Hmmmmmm another dilema

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
22,868 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chef Mickey Breakfast or Akershus House Princess Breakfast

No princesses at Chef Mickey's-it is our favorite breakfast though. We don't care for character dinners,kids seem too exhausted and hyped up and there's lots of noise and not in a good way-in a meltdown way. We find the food to be pretty good at Chef Mickeys,fresh fruit and scrambled eggs and smoked salmon and plenty of junk too-pancakes and waffles and sweets. Food is not great but pretty good-you are paying for meeting the characters,not $30 pancakes.We like Akerhaus very much but if its a choice, I would go with meeting the princesses along the way and having breakfast with the Big Cheese. Minnie is there of course. The character dinners are quite a bit more expensive. Chef Mickey's is indeed a hard reservation to get but IMHO,well worth it

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chef Mickey Breakfast or Akershus House Princess Breakfast

The best princess dinner for us is 1900 park fare with Cinderella prince charming stepmom and stepsisters great food. Akershus menu didnt appeal to me at all but it was about the experience and surprise surprise I loved my meal. DD had pizza and there is a cold cuts and breads buffet. Dinner does cost more but I think your getting a better value for your money. If it were me and it has been several times I always pick 1900 park fare buffet

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chef Mickey Breakfast or Akershus House Princess Breakfast

I believe breakfast is the way to go. It is less expensive and the food is good at either venue. What are the ages of your "princesses"?

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chef Mickey Breakfast or Akershus House Princess Breakfast

If You are not going to Epcot then its out of question , but I would have taken them to Grand Floridan for breakfast there instead of Chef´s Mickey if its prinsess ´s they want its princess´s they should get, but go for the dinner instead they have a great show with cinderella , princ and step mum and stepsisters and its a buffet and I am sure they will find something to eat !

Mutter

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,409 Reviews
Orlando, FL
pa
Level Contributor
54,737 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Chef Mickey Breakfast or Akershus House Princess Breakfast

Chef Mickey's for Breakfast before you start your Magic Kingdom Day. Then as soon as you get to the Magic Kingdom, get a Fast Pass to Meet the Princesses. Both needs are covered. A great Breakfast with Mickey and friends and then meeting the Princesses at the Magic Kingdom

Mentioned in this post
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
59,039 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chef Mickey Breakfast or Akershus House Princess Breakfast

ColinaConnecticut..they are 6-7 AND 9

partypa..I did not know that I needed a fast pass to meet the princesses...where do we do this and is it for each one or a group of them?

I think I will stick with the Chef Mickey and take your advise to just get the princess photos & autographs as we go..(hopefully) they have been hyped about it since this past summer..they will have there costumes on.....the youngest will be sleeping Beauty, then Tinkerbell and finally Jasmin..they are thrilled..So I know now about the free first time badge we can get for them at guest services..but not much else...thanks for everything everyone!

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chef Mickey Breakfast or Akershus House Princess Breakfast

http://allears.net/din/dining.htm#char

here You can find out alot of stuf about princess´s but fastpass to get to see them Partypa ????

Mutter

pa
Level Contributor
54,737 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Chef Mickey Breakfast or Akershus House Princess Breakfast

You don't Have To get a Fast Pass but if you are entering the Magic Kingdom after the Park has been open a while, grab a Fast Pass for later in the day, the lines can get very long. The Princess Meet and Great and the Mickey and Minnie Meet and Greet ( the only characters you Can Get a Fast Pass for ) is located at the Town Square Theatre, it is on your right just after you come into the Magic Kingdom ( walk under the train station ) go to the far left of the Theatre to the Fast Pass Distribution

Mentioned in this post
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
59,039 Reviews
Orlando, FL