We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Star Wars and Toy Story lines in January?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Star Wars and Toy Story lines in January?

My sister and I will have only one afternoon to spend at a Disney park this trip (it would be next Sunday), and are considering doing the Studios to try the new Star Wars ride (and Toy Story, which we've only done once). Problem is, we won't be able to arrive until around 12:30. Will there likely be long lines for Star Wars and Toy Story on a Sunday afternoon in January?

I know that January is usually a slow time, but I'm usually leaving the parks in the afternoon, not arriving then, so I'm at a loss to predict this. Also, I haven't been since the new Star Wars ride opened, and don't know whether that now has awful lines, or (more hopefully), siphoned off some of the lines for Toy Story, making both more manageable. Anyone been recently?

Newport News...
Level Contributor
235 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Star Wars and Toy Story lines in January?

i've been looking at wait times for the rides on my phone ( theres an app for that :) ) every time i look the toy story ride is always longer than a 40 minute wait.

pa
Level Contributor
54,023 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Star Wars and Toy Story lines in January?

40 minutes for TSM isn't too bad. Check the wait times board as soon as you get to the Park and take the lesser time for one, get a Fast Pass for the other.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Star Wars and Toy Story lines in January?

Thanks for the responses. Sounds like we'd better not count on doing Toy Story. Our window of time that day is pretty short - I'll have to leave for the airport before 5:00. But who knows, maybe we'll wind up hitting an unusually slow day.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,759 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Star Wars and Toy Story lines in January?

Star Tours won't be as long a line as Toy Story will, so as long as you don't mind a 50 or more minute wait for it, you should be fine arrving that late in the day.

Both rides have Fast Pass, but most of the ones for Toy Story will be gone by afternoon, even on a very "uncrowded" day.

5. Re: Star Wars and Toy Story lines in January?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2013, 10:20